Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
PSA-Diaper Changes Frequency
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:19 am
amother Copper wrote:
If a kid is urinating so often that their diaper sags every hour, you need to run to your pediatrician right now.
Unless you're using a cheap diaper brand. In that case you get what you pay for.

tweety1

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:23 am
amother Steelblue wrote:

You know what, be the perfect parent in your own perfect bubble and leave the rest of us alone.

LOVE THIS! Couldn't have said it any better

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:24 am
amother OP wrote:
Maybe the cheap diapers are worse but even pampers and huggies get uncomfortable. When you see a toddler with their diaper ( even if it’s pampers) hanging down, please change them.

For a toddler it's only gets full and hanging down after 3-4 hours. Not 1-2. At least with my kids. I change based on if it looks full not on a clock.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:45 am
tweety1 wrote:
I don't change pampers that often even at home. I generally change every 3-4 hours with 2 exceptions 1. Kid has a dirty pamper- I change immediately 2. Kid has a diaper rash- I change probably every hour.

And if it’s the second, then you let the Morah know and send in a decent number of diapers for her to be able to do that. Otherwise there’s really no reason for such frequent changes.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:48 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
Let me guess. You're the same op as the other PSA threads where you accuse parents of being neglectful for acting like normal parents.

Your tone and judgmental attitude is exactly the same every time.

You know what, be the perfect parent in your own perfect bubble and leave the rest of us alone.

I find that these type of people are usually very far from perfect. Parents that are busy with such check lists rarely have patience and warmth for children.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:03 am
Copper, please just try to mindful of this. It’s neglectful to wait until the diaper is hanging low. Good times to change a diaper is before nap time, meal time and before you leave for an outing. Then the rest you do as needed.
I’m shocked that you are rationalizing not changing them frequently enough that it’s bothering them and that you don’t want to spend the $$. When it comes to a toddlers comfort money shouldn’t be part of the mental calculations no matter how frugal you are.
I’m a Morah and would want a child’s comfort to be top priority at all times.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:09 am
amother OP wrote:
Copper, please just try to mindful of this. It’s neglectful to wait until the diaper is hanging low. Good times to change a diaper is before nap time, meal time and before you leave for an outing. Then the rest you do as needed.
I’m shocked that you are rationalizing not changing them frequently enough that it’s bothering them and that you don’t want to spend the $$. When it comes to a toddlers comfort money shouldn’t be part of the mental calculations no matter how frugal you are.

If you are diapering kids on a schedule, and a parent isn't sending in enough diapers for your schedule - have you talked to her about it?

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:14 am
amother OP wrote:

It's not neglectful to change when diaper is hanging low. It may not be ideal, but it's not neglectful.
Most playgroups change on schedule 2 times a day, and a dirty diaper on the spot. That is normal. Morah's can't be busy changing diapers all day.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:15 am
amother Blush wrote:
If you are diapering kids on a schedule, and a parent isn't sending in enough diapers for your schedule - have you talked to her about it?

Yes, I would talk to her about it and would gladly use my own diapers as well. This is more a general reminder to us all. This is also for us moms when we are home with our babies and toddlers.

tweety1

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:23 am
Op, what I find disturbing is that not one poster agrees with you. Don't you think it's time for a self check and see that maybe you aren't right after all? You really think we are all a whole bunch of neglectful mothers, that we really don't know how and when to change pampers and only YOU know? Some of us probably have more experience with little kids than you. Just because you have a playgroup doesn't mean you have more experience

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:24 am
Maybe the OP takes care of children who are carrying around and constantly drinking large bottles and sippie cups all day. That might explain this excessive urination.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:28 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes, I would talk to her about it and would gladly use my own diapers as well. This is more a general reminder to us all. This is also for us moms when we are home with our babies and toddlers.

Okay. You're getting a lot of frustrated responses because of your assumption that we need reminders on how to diaper our children.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:29 am
Op you are sounding like an AI chatbot - repeating the same line over and over again instead of realizing that hey, changing a baby's diaper every hour because they peed once is not actually normal.

And it isn't "trying to save money" good diapers are a fortune and using them up because you think the kid isn't comfy (they are perfectly fine!) IS a waste of money.

I use pampers mostly, and they have an indicator line that tells me how wet the diaper is. I don't change until it is mostly blue (unless I am going out and know I will not be able to change there).

Rarely in a day does my toddler use more than 3-4 diapers including his one dirty one.

If a child is having a full sagging uncomfortable diaper even every 2 hours, they need a better company diaper AND to see a dr because that is not normal.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:32 am
amother OP wrote:

It is not neglectful to change a diaper every 3-4 hours. I can not possibly change a diaper every time it gets wet. My baby (he’s only 9m, but I did the same for my toddlers) gets a diaper change when he wakes up in the morning. After that I change him every few hours. Sometimes I don’t change him before he eats. Sometimes I don’t change him before he takes a nap. Just because someone doesn’t follow YOUR schedule doesn’t mean they are neglectful. With my toddlers, I for sure don’t change them more than every few hours unless they are dirty. If my toddlers would be uncomfortable, they would let me know.
I get that you feel strongly about this, but do you think it helps you to call people names? To shame people? I truly don’t understand why grown women can’t speak respectfully, or even disagree respectfully.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:36 am
amother OP wrote:

You don’t have a right to use the word neglectful it cheapens real neglect. And it’s a huge chutzpah to the people that were actually neglected. This is anxiety. Being over cautious to an extreme, not understanding how the material absorbs and keeps the kid dry, and harping on a non issue are all symptoms of anxiety. Discuss it with your doctor.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 10:38 am
I would pull my kid out so fast. I don’t want my child’s caregiver pushing unnecessary anxiety on them and making them uncomfortable disturbing play time and constantly exposing their private part hourly. I would not find you to be a safe Morah to be honest. Adding this to my list of questions to ask when I research morahs.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:00 am
amother Copper wrote:
I would pull my kid out so fast. I don’t want my child’s caregiver pushing unnecessary anxiety on them and making them uncomfortable disturbing play time and constantly exposing their private part hourly. I would not find you to be a safe Morah to be honest. Adding this to my list of questions to ask when I research morahs.

You will ask “How often do you change diapers? I really don’t want my child’s diaper changed more than necessary because I think it’s inappropriate to expose their private part excessively”
Good luck with that.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:02 am
amother Purple wrote:
You will ask “How often do you change diapers? I really don’t want my child’s diaper changed more than necessary because I think it’s inappropriate to expose their private part excessively”
Good luck with that.

Why can’t she just ask how often diapers are changed?

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:02 am
amother Purple wrote:
Good luck with that.

You just ask "How often do you change diapers".

If the response is - every 30 mins, kids should never be in a wet diaper... she has her answer.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:06 am
I did some quick internet research on how many diapers a typical toddler is expected to use in a day, I saw ranges mostly 4-6 and 5-7. One first thing in the morning, one at bedtime, surely one sometime between coming home from Daycamp and bedtime. Two during day camp brings us to five, right in the middle of that range.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics