Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
PSA-Diaper Changes Frequency
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:30 am
amother Electricblue wrote:
Kids are peeing all the time. Their diapers get wet within the first half hour, usually. If you change your kid every half hour, there's something wrong with you, not with the people who are okay with every 2-3 hours.

In the general society it’s considered the norm and standard of care to try to have your babies diaper dry. You don’t need to change every half hour but it’s something to be mindful of. They shouldn’t be going a few hours with a wet diaper, it should be changed often.

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:50 am
Sorry I disagree. For me to change my kids diaper is a big foght. He'd rather go around in a wet diaper.
Besides the diaper doesn't start hanging until three hours in.
How do you know it's so uncomfortable?

myname1

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 2:05 am
I was told to send 2 diapers daily to gan from 8-ish to 1:30. That's 5.5 hours. They usually change once after eating (2 yr olds) or once after eating and nap (1 yr olds). That's regular, routine, if the diaper doesn't get dirty before or after. If it gets dirty, of course they change it again (or before the official time). For my kids this one time is usually enough. I change them before gan and usually right when we get home. Once in a blue moon they do need and use both in gan.

When the diaper is drooping down, that has been on way more than 2-3 hours IME. (They do say to send more diapers each day if you know your kid will need it.)

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 2:07 am
amother OP wrote:
This isn’t ocd and anxiety. This is called taking care of your kids and not being neglectful. I get it that it’s hard to be on top of our kids diapers but try your best to be mindful. Thanks!

It is absolutely not neglectful to change a diaper every 3 hours. YOU may want to do so more frequently, and that is your right. But don’t call others neglectful because they don’t do it your way. If it bothers you so much, just have extra diapers on hand so you can change more frequently if you want. When I worked in a playgroup, the parents sent in a pack (or half pack) of diapers and I would let them know when it was running low.

DVOM

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 2:26 am
What a strange thread.

2 diaper changes in 5-6 hours unless dirty works perfectly fine for me.

My daughter has no rashes, her skin is dry to touch and not at all red when I change her, even if I can tell that the diaper was filled.

Not at all neglectful.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 7:06 am
DVOM wrote:
What a strange thread.

2 diaper changes in 5-6 hours unless dirty works perfectly fine for me.

My daughter has no rashes, her skin is dry to touch and not at all red when I change her, even if I can tell that the diaper was filled.

Not at all neglectful.

Agreed! The indicators on my son’s diapers are literally always blue. If I would change him as soon as he’s wet, then I would be changing him every 1/2 hour. That is not necessary at all. He hasn’t had a rash since he was a newborn. Every three hours works wonderfully for me, unless maybe he just drank a lot and I see it hanging down earlier.
Also OP, it’s super passive aggressive to keep responding to people with the same message that you stated earlier and ending it with “thanks so much!” Is that how you talk in real life?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:36 am
I work in a daycare and we have 2 official daiper changing times. We obviously change dirty daipers in between but we dont go around changing wet daipers kn between. Theyre in daycare for 6 hours.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:38 am
I’m an assistant morah in a playgroup and we ask parents to send a pack of pampers with their child if they are running low. Ideally that’s the best option rather than to send 2 pampers with your child because your child could need an extra pamper.

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:40 am
octopus wrote:
This is not OCD. This is not anxiety. I happen to agree with op that 2 diapers in 6 hours is really terrible. My kids would've gotten horrific diaper rashes like that. Yes, my kids all have extremely sensitive skin and being in a wet diaper that long just breaks their skin down.

Then this is for your children. Other children don't have such sensitive skin. Curious what you do at night. Do you wake up your child every 1-2 hours to change his/her diaper?

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:49 am
amother OP wrote:
In the general society it’s considered the norm and standard of care to try to have your babies diaper dry. You don’t need to change every half hour but it’s something to be mindful of. They shouldn’t be going a few hours with a wet diaper, it should be changed often.

There's almost no such thing as a dry diaper for kids who haven't been toilet trained. If a diaper is so wet that it's hanging, it's either A - that diaper hasn't been changed for 3+ hours, or B - the particular child pees a lot. So that child obviously has different needs.

I still fail to see how two diapers are not enough for wet diapers (of course you should always have on hand extra in case of dirty diapers). But how is two not enough if you drop off your child at 9 with a clean diaper. Let's say you do change the child every two hours. That would be around 11, then around 1, which then leaves the next diaper change for the parent after pickup. Again, unless the child pees an awful lot, there's no way the modern day diapers would be heavy and hanging after two hours.

I'm just really curious if those parents who ask for immediate diaper changes as soon as the diaper is wet do the same at other times too. What do you do when you are out running errands with the child? Do you not complete the errands and run looking for a bathroom every hour on the clock? What about early morning? If the child wakes up at an ungodly hour in the morning, and is playing nicely in his bed. Do you immediately jump out at that crazy hour to remove that diaper - that really wet soaked, hanging diaper?

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:49 am
amother Jade wrote:

Also OP, it’s super passive aggressive to keep responding to people with the same message that you stated earlier and ending it with “thanks so much!” Is that how you talk in real life?

Especially when you’re preaching to people something you think they should be doing with their own children. There’s a tag line on bandaid boxes that has always irked me “Thank you for caring for those you love” this reminds me of that.

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:58 am
Oh my OP, you're being over the top! Changing a diaper 2 times in 5 hours is absolutely not neglectful! Quit preaching and let everyone do what works for them as they see fit.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:01 am
octopus wrote:
This is not OCD. This is not anxiety. I happen to agree with op that 2 diapers in 6 hours is really terrible. My kids would've gotten horrific diaper rashes like that. Yes, my kids all have extremely sensitive skin and being in a wet diaper that long just breaks their skin down.

That’s your specific kid and you need to inform the Morah. But for the majority of kids they don’t need this.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:03 am
amother OP wrote:
Your not bothering your child by changing them. It takes a second and they are so much more comfortable with a dry diaper.

Yes you are bothering the kid. Most kids hate diaper changes. And it’s so unnecessary for you to be in my child’s private area extra times.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:05 am
amother OP wrote:
This isn’t ocd and anxiety. This is called taking care of your kids and not being neglectful. I get it that it’s hard to be on top of our kids diapers but try your best to be mindful. Thanks!

You have no idea what neglectful is. My child does not want to be changed multiple times. You have no right touching them extra period. Yes it is your anxiety thinking they need to be changed the second they are wet. The diapers keep their skin dry.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:06 am
amother OP wrote:
Maybe the cheap diapers are worse but even pampers and huggies get uncomfortable. When you see a toddler with their diaper ( even if it’s pampers) hanging down, please change them.

My diapers don’t hang down after 3 hours. If I change my child 2 times in 6 hours none of their diapers are close to hanging down.

tweety1

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:13 am
amother OP wrote:
It’s really uncomfortable to walk around with a wet diaper. It gets soggy and heavy much faster then a pad. Please be mindful of diaper changes. Thanks so much.

I don't change pampers that often even at home. I generally change every 3-4 hours with 2 exceptions 1. Kid has a dirty pamper- I change immediately 2. Kid has a diaper rash- I change probably every hour.

tweety1

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:15 am
And if it happens to be a day the kid is eating less or drinking less for whatever reason even if the kid is feeling fine, a change after 3 hours is just about wet.
Tell me op, how many times do you use the bathroom in a 3 hour period?!

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:16 am
If a kid is urinating so often that their diaper sags every hour, you need to run to your pediatrician right now.

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:18 am
Let me guess. You're the same op as the other PSA threads where you accuse parents of being neglectful for acting like normal parents.

Your tone and judgmental attitude is exactly the same every time.

You know what, be the perfect parent in your own perfect bubble and leave the rest of us alone.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics