Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Diaper rash

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 12:50 am
My newborn has a diaper rash, no pimples but very red and two areas looks like the skin is open. Whats the most effective cream? I’ve been putting on basic creams for the last three days but not working enough. Wondering what to try next. Also how can I prevent this? I change her diaper by every diaper change already.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 12:56 am
Triple paste AF (anti fungal) worked magic on my baby. Could be she has very sensitive skin. Try changing the brand diapers and wipes. I switched to pampers swaddlers and water wipes (that’s the name of the company) helped a lot but not totally. I toilet trained early for this reason.

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 12:59 am
Make sure you’re changing diapers frequently and use a moisture barrier ointment. I like triple paste, but it’s a bit expensive. Always found that it did the trick. Cover the area with a thick amount of paste on every diaper change. Dry area gently but thoroughly after bath. Just keep an eye on the rash. If it’s not going away, it could be fungal. Check with your doctor, but then you might need to use lotrimin. If possible, try to get some air time without a diaper.

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 1:01 am
My baby had this four the first 4 months and it was terrible. Literally tried everything and here’s what helped.

Only use water wipes or a cotton ball with water, or even just wash in the sink with soap
Pat dry with a washcloth after every change
Use a ton of triple paste and then put aquaphor on top

And then whenever you can let them sit out without a diaper that’s best because it needs to dry out to heal

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 1:25 am
When my baby had a rash that didn't go away my dermatologist suggested making a mixture of milk of magnesia, purple tube balmex, and a&d.

It worked!

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 1:49 am
Check what your baby is eating. Switch to low acid foods. If nursing, you need to cut out spices, spicy foods, acidic foods...

I used Bordeaux butt paste extra strength. And switched diapers frequently even if only slightly moist.

kiwi strawberry

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 2:23 am
Sprinkle bentonite clay on it with every diaper change. It's magic. Refuah shelaima!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 6:23 am
Aquaphor baby healing ointment works for us. Also Butt Paste, but it's sticky and smelly and gets on everything.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 6:25 am
Organic diapers, many babies react to the toxins in regular ones
Water wipes, the stuff in wipes can be really hard on baby's skin
Last, my baby gets a diaper rash every time I eat dairy.

mom!

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 6:34 am
Pediatrician can give you a prescription for antibiotics cream. Only thing that works for this type.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 6:38 am
I liked using A&D OINTMENT not the cream
when my kids were babies.
The ointment gets absorbed so it’s easier to clean them the next diaper change.
Now, for my grandkids I put a little bit of coconut oil in their diaper as well as shearing the A&D.
Helps some.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics