Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Disgusting cars, why?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:20 pm
I know so many people whose cars are gross, stuff all over the floor etc... Why is a car different than a home? Why is it ok for kids to dump stuff on the seat/floor, if at home and everywhere else they're trained to put garbage into a trash can? I'm not talking about those with a bunch of little kids and on survival mode. I know people with older kids and all kids out of the house whose cars look like a dumpster inside.

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:20 pm
Why is it your business?

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:21 pm
DLKZ.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:22 pm
amother Jean wrote:
Why is it your business?

It's not, just curiosity purposes Wink

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:23 pm
peoples cars are what the house looks like. a house you live in so your pushed to clean up before shabbos, before people come etc but a car you forget about the minute you leave it

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:27 pm
[quote="amother Rose"]peoples cars are what the house looks like. a house you live in so your pushed to clean up before shabbos, before people come etc but a car you forget about the minute you leave it[/quot

Totally not true. My house is spotless. My car isn’t. I don’t drive. I don’t clean the car

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:27 pm
DH drives it mostly and with five young kids it’s the one pigsty I allow myself to ignore.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
I know so many people whose cars are gross, stuff all over the floor etc... Why is a car different than a home? Why is it ok for kids to dump stuff on the seat/floor, if at home and everywhere else they're trained to put garbage into a trash can? I'm not talking about those with a bunch of little kids and on survival mode. I know people with older kids and all kids out of the house whose cars look like a dumpster inside.

At home I have a cleaning lady who washes the floors and bathrooms, vacuums the carpet, etc.
I don’t have that for the car so it gets neglected until pesach!

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:30 pm
[/quote] Totally not true. My house is spotless. My car isn’t. I don’t drive. I don’t clean the car[/quote]

thats not saying anything. if you did do the driving the car would look neater

Highstrung

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:31 pm
Our car is spotless , our house is not .

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:34 pm
In Israel cars get dusty very quickly, especially in spring time.

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:40 pm
Because frequently you CAN'T put away items after you use them. You don't have a garbage bag, it's too far away, you can't reach your bag, your snack spilled on the floor and you can't clean it when you're wearing a seat belt.

Cars are generally a means of getting somewhere, and often in a rush. You don't have time, when you get to school a minute before the bell rings, to pick up anything that fell. When you get home hungry and need to bring your screaming baby inside, you don't have time to collect all the baby toys that were thrown.

The only way to have a clean car is to make a time to clean it outside of driving time. And because it's out of sight at those times, it's usually out of mind.

I help matters by keeping a large (8 gallon) trash bag in the car and trying to put stuff in there when it comes up. It's annoying and the car doesn't look much better for having a huge white trash bag between the seats, but at least there's less garbage on the floor.

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:51 pm
I keep my car empty of stuff, and have a bag for actual garbage. But it’s very dirty and I don’t worry about that. We’re in shoes in the car and the house doesn’t get the same dirt tracked in. Car seats also get dirt trapped easily (my kids sometimes eat in the car) and I’m not going to stress about that more than once a year before Pesach.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:53 pm
amother Rose wrote:
Totally not true. My house is spotless. My car isn’t. I don’t drive. I don’t clean the car[/quote]

thats not saying anything. if you did do the driving the car would look neater[/quote]
I drive my car, mostly. It’s actually pretty clean, but that’s because I’m super strict. More so than in my house actually.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 1:01 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Because frequently you CAN'T put away items after you use them. You don't have a garbage bag, it's too far away, you can't reach your bag, your snack spilled on the floor and you can't clean it when you're wearing a seat belt.

Cars are generally a means of getting somewhere, and often in a rush. You don't have time, when you get to school a minute before the bell rings, to pick up anything that fell. When you get home hungry and need to bring your screaming baby inside, you don't have time to collect all the baby toys that were thrown.

The only way to have a clean car is to make a time to clean it outside of driving time. And because it's out of sight at those times, it's usually out of mind.

I help matters by keeping a large (8 gallon) trash bag in the car and trying to put stuff in there when it comes up. It's annoying and the car doesn't look much better for having a huge white trash bag between the seats, but at least there's less garbage on the floor.

This. There's no garage available and sometimes kids have to eat in the car. Or adults do. Things fall. I am also in a rush whenever I get out of my car to do something else. Either I'm going to work or an appointment so I can't stop to tidy up my car regularly.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 1:03 pm
amother Orange wrote:
This. There's no garage available and sometimes kids have to eat in the car. Or adults do. Things fall. I am also in a rush whenever I get out of my car to do something else. Either I'm going to work or an appointment so I can't stop to tidy up my car regularly.

I have shopping bags in my car for garbage. (Not that they always use them….) Every few months we take time in a Sunday to clean out the car.

camp123

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 1:06 pm
I sit at the front so can't see the mess
Come home late at night after a long drive. Kids are asleep, they need to be carried into the house. At which point who remembers or has energy to go back to the car to clean it up.

chanar

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 1:09 pm
For those who say there’s no garbage bag in the car. Look up on Amazon an item called “tossits” I’ve been using them for a while now and it has completely changed what my car looks like.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 1:12 pm
chanar wrote:
For those who say there’s no garbage bag in the car. Look up on Amazon an item called “tossits” I’ve been using them for a while now and it has completely changed what my car looks like.

Brilliant!! What’s the difference between the 3 here?

https://I.imgur.com/x6EWof4.jpg

chanar

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 1:20 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Brilliant!! What’s the difference between the 3 here?

https://I.imgur.com/x6EWof4.jpg

Just different colors for fun I think! I always just had the black ones
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry