Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
PSA re Starbucks
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 7:54 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I keep the instant starbucks packets in my bag. just add hot or cold water.

Smart lady

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 7:59 pm
Thank you for spreading awareness! For a long time I thought the frappuccinos were kosher because other (frum) people I knew were drinking them.

As far as I know now, they aren't.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 8:31 pm
The vibe I’m getting here is everyone who doesn’t understand/can’t afford Starbucks is annoyed that the rest of us enjoy it so much.
Everyone knows some things are questionable.
Those who care so their personal rav and those who don’t just don’t. No one here is changing anyone’s minds

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 8:34 pm
amother Maple wrote:
The vibe I’m getting here is everyone who doesn’t understand/can’t afford Starbucks is annoyed that the rest of us enjoy it so much.
Those who care so their personal rav and those who don’t just don’t. No one here is changing anyone’s minds

Nope
I spend a lot of money at kava or French press every day for my coffee (Lakewood)
It’s an attitude of Starbucks above all else, even kashrus, that I see all the time!
Rabbi fishbanes article in the ami where he discussed his encounters with people who’s Starbucks were kodesh kedashim to them were mind boggling

amother
Sunflower

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 8:36 pm
amother Maple wrote:

Totally disagree with that last sentence.
Many, many people just don't know. And they care. If I was eating something treif, I would want you to let me know!
If you read the article by about Rabbi Fushbein, he describes how he saw a couple coming out of a store with non kosher drinks. He told the couple that it's treif.
The husband said, "mind your own business".
So he moved on. But he looked back and saw that the wife chucked her drink.

True, some people don't care. But I would think most do.

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 8:39 pm
amother Maple wrote:

Nah, I don't understand/ can't afford Starbucks because I honestly think that their drinks are mediocre at best, and most definitely overpriced for mediocre drinks. I would far rather get tastier and cheaper drinks at Dunkin (happens to be kosher near me), or just tastier and equivalent priced drinks at a kosher cafe.

amother
Viola

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 8:55 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
An iced americano with soy milk is dairy? It’s chalav stam?
Most soy milks are dairy equipment. Ask to see the bottle

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 9:14 pm
It cracks me up wht a hate people have against Starbucks and those who drink it.

Let. People. Live.

And assume that the cup they’re drinking is what’s allowed and not What is treif. I’m an avid Starbucks drinker. I can only drink decaf. I like certain flavors and I try to make it at home but it’s not the same. So every so often I treat myself to a starb.

DE is not treif. OUD is not treif.
Some frappe bases actually still have an OU (you can ask to see before ordering if that location does). It wasn’t for a while because it had red coloring in it. Now it doesn’t.

As for mixing cloths when cleaning machinery - they can be closed down by the health department if they do that so if you see them do that please report them.

And again, calm down!! Let people enjoy their kosher coffee according to what they hold and unless it’s a refresher where you know 100% what it is - assume it’s ok.

Oh and btw I often drink an iced tea which has a certification. No lemonade. So again, think twice, don’t yell, and if you are going to say something say it NICELY!!

amother
Arcticblue

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 9:52 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
It cracks me up wht a hate people have against Starbucks and those who drink it.

Let. People. Live.

And assume that the cup they’re drinking is what’s allowed and not What is treif. I’m an avid Starbucks drinker. I can only drink decaf. I like certain flavors and I try to make it at home but it’s not the same. So every so often I treat myself to a starb.

Some frappe bases actually still have an OU (you can ask to see before ordering if that location does). It wasn’t for a while because it had red coloring in it. Now it doesn’t.

As for mixing cloths when cleaning machinery - they can be closed down by the health department if they do that so if you see them do that please report them.

And again, calm down!! Let people enjoy their kosher coffee according to what they hold and unless it’s a refresher where you know 100% what it is - assume it’s ok.

Oh and btw I often drink an iced tea which has a certification. No lemonade. So again, think twice, don’t yell, and if you are going to say something say it NICELY!!

I think the op said it very nicely.
And anyway, what’s nice about drinking non kosher drinks?

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 10:10 pm
[quote="HonesttoGod"
[/quote]

I’ve been trying to find a kosher frap base for years and just started making my own because the Starbucks ones aren’t kosher (according to the CRC, Star-K, etc and when I asked to see the bottle/container at a local Starbucks they told me right off the bat that none of their frap bases are kosher). If you’ve seen a kosher frap base with an OU, can you please post a pic so I can try to find it online? Would LOVE to use the real thing in my homemade frappuccinos!

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 1:18 am
amother Lilac wrote:
I've had situations where I was driving many hours and needed caffeine to keep me awake so I didn't crash my car cv"s

Coke is loaded with caffeine, Red Bull even more so, and throwing in some chocolate adds more.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 1:57 am
HonesttoGod wrote:

Let. People. Live.

Drink whatever you want. Nobody has stated they hate Starbucks or those who buy their stuff.
I find it quite surprising you mention mixing cloths when cleaning machinery and health department which are laws acc. to the state/country but when people are raising awareness that Starbucks is *very complicated* kashrut wise you get offended and tell people stop yelling and be nice.
Kashrut laws are from heaven and health laws are man made.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 2:11 am
amother Arcticblue wrote:
I think the op said it very nicely.
And anyway, what’s nice about drinking non kosher drinks?

I would rather ask what's so appealing in navigating between the questionable/treif items just to reach that kosher drink.

cnc

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 2:19 am
chocolate moose wrote:
I keep the instant starbucks packets in my bag. just add hot or cold water.

Brilliant!

cnc

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 2:21 am
BH Yom Yom wrote:
I’ve been trying to find a kosher frap base for years and just started making my own because the Starbucks ones aren’t kosher (according to the CRC, Star-K, etc and when I asked to see the bottle/container at a local Starbucks they told me right off the bat that none of their frap bases are kosher). If you’ve seen a kosher frap base with an OU, can you please post a pic so I can try to find it online? Would LOVE to use the real thing in my homemade frappuccinos!

I had the same experience at Starbucks in Middletown,NY.
The barista told me that none of the Frappuccino bases are kosher .

Hidden

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 2:38 am
amother Cornsilk wrote:
Thank you for spreading awareness! For a long time I thought the frappuccinos were kosher because other (frum) people I knew were drinking them.

As far as I know now, they aren't.

For a while they were, but then they lost their hechsher.
Maybe that's where the confusion is coming from.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 2:59 am
amother Maple wrote:

Question: What is there to understand about Starbucks?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 3:02 am
By the way, if you spend your daughter or son to Israel for a year or two be aware of that there isn't a single Starbucks in all of Israel. For some it could even be a deal breaker Smile
No, don't ask me how they survive.

DrMom

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 3:05 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
I would rather ask what's so appealing in navigating between the questionable/treif items just to reach that kosher drink.

Srsly. This thread is exhausting.

I don't see the ROI in navigating through this complicated web of ever-changing and poorly documented kashrut issues for an overpriced cup of coffee.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 4:11 am
DrMom wrote:
Srsly. This thread is exhausting.

I don't see the ROI in navigating through this complicated web of ever-changing and poorly documented kashrut issues for an overpriced cup of coffee.

Srsly. I also don't see the ROI. I guess I am living under a rock and need explanation from the fans Smile
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen