Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Schnitzel

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 6:42 am
Hi- I’ve been married a couple years and my schnitzel is still not amazing. Pls help!!?? Any tips?? Specific recipe? For that heaven fresh crunchy schnitzel taste? What breadcrumbs does everyone use? Pls tell me details! Thanks!!

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 6:46 am
I use panko and eat it fresh!

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:08 am
I make a big mix of Mexican breadcrumbs, panko crumbs, crushed cornflakes, paprika, and salt from the pretzel bag. It's so yummy.
I coat schnitzel in flour, then egg mixed with a little yellow mustard, then breadcrumbs. It comes out incredible.
I serve with homemade Russian dressing and Szechuan sauce.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:19 am
First dip in egg and then dip in pereg american panko crumbs. Fry in oil for a few min on each side

SoGrateful

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:20 am
-Try a baking sheet with a wire rack on top. I Line the baking sheet for quick cleanup. Pop the wire rack in the dishwasher if you have one.
You place the schnitzel on the wire rack after frying. Keeps it crispy while it cools. Plates with paper towels often steam the bottom, less crispy.
-Season your breadcrumbs well. You can add seasoning to the egg wash as well.
-Pound your chicken thin for even cooking.
-Try to eat is freshly made.
-Follow a few recipes till you master it. Make the same recipe a few times.

The same thing happened with me. Now I get rave reviews on my schnitzel. Hatzlocha!

ynms

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:35 am
Best crumbs is the Kelloggs corn flake crumbs! Bread with flour , eggs with a little salt and oil then crumbs.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:43 am
My secret to schnitzel is to mix flavored bread crumbs with a tablespoon of chicken soup mix. Egg and bread, then fry in extra virgin olive oil. My kids rave over them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics