Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Nintendo switch games
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:05 pm
I got a Nintendo switch fory kids for chanukah. It comes with Mario kart. Where is the best place to get more games?

Any suggestions?

Kids ages 12,11,7

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:14 pm
Are you looking for multiplayer games?

The best is Super mario bros. U Deluxe, you can get it at target and can play up to 4 players

Super smash bros is also a great multiplayer game

amother
Feverfew

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:27 pm
Do you need a computer or internet to play this? I would love to get it for my kids too if no internet access needed. Can you please link?

giftedmom

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:29 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
Do you need a computer or internet to play this? I would love to get it for my kids too if no internet access needed. Can you please link?

Not if you use physical discs

amother
Feverfew

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:31 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Not if you use physical discs

But where do you actually see the game while you play? A monitor? I would have to purchase all parts.
I’d really love to buy this. Any links appreciated.

giftedmom

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:34 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
But where do you actually see the game while you play? A monitor? I would have to purchase all parts.

On a screen that’s included. There are different types available.

amother
Feverfew

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:35 pm
giftedmom wrote:
On a screen that’s included. There are different types available.

Ok. I’ll try to find it. Thanks.

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:38 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:

A lot of games (like Mario Kart and Super Mario Bros) dont require internet access

There is a screen on the decive, the size of a very small tablet, and it comes with two controllers attached to either side. The controllers are removable and the screen has a kickstand so when playing multiplayer, you remove the controllers and use the screen on its own. You can buy add on controllers to use for more players. When the controllers are attached its for single play use.

If you wanted a bigger screen to play on, you connect the charging dock to a tv or computer moniter using the HDMI cable. Its super easy.

This is the system-

https://www.target.com/p/ninte.....metab

giftedmom

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:40 pm
There’s also a lite version that’s a bit bigger than the old style gameboys. Cheaper, and more portable.

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:49 pm
giftedmom wrote:
There’s also a lite version that’s a bit bigger than the old style gameboys. Cheaper, and more portable.

Its ideally for single player or online multiplayer. While up to 4 players can play on the screen (by purchasing more controllers) its really pretty difficult and annoying since theres no stand and it cant connect to a larger screen, also no way to charge the controllers so youd have to buy that seperate as well.

amother
Feverfew

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:59 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
A lot of games (like Mario Kart and Super Mario Bros) dont require internet access

There is a screen on the decive, the size of a very small tablet, and it comes with two controllers attached to either side. The controllers are removable and the screen has a kickstand so when playing multiplayer, you remove the controllers and use the screen on its own. You can buy add on controllers to use for more players. When the controllers are attached its for single play use.

If you wanted a bigger screen to play on, you connect the charging dock to a tv or computer moniter using the HDMI cable. Its super easy.

This is the system-

https://www.target.com/p/ninte.....metab

Thank you!

giftedmom

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 2:01 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
Its ideally for single player or online multiplayer. While up to 4 players can play on the screen (by purchasing more controllers) its really pretty difficult and annoying since theres no stand and it cant connect to a larger screen, also no way to charge the controllers so youd have to buy that seperate as well.

Right. It works well for our family but you really have to know what you’re aiming for.

giftedmom

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 2:02 pm
I will say that it’s a lot more addictive than gameboys ever were, for some reason.
I personally use the WiFi option to connect it to an app on my phone so I can do parental controls and lock it remotely. It’s easier than physically taking it away.
You can set a bedtime, and only allow a certain amount of playtime per day.

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 2:17 pm
giftedmom wrote:
I will say that it’s a lot more addictive than gameboys ever were, for some reason.
I personally use the WiFi option to connect it to an app on my phone so I can do parental controls and lock it remotely. It’s easier than physically taking it away.
You can set a bedtime, and only allow a certain amount of playtime per day.

Never knew that!
We have the game discs so no need for internet, but glad to hear that aspect.

amother
Feverfew

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 2:20 pm
The one linked looks like 2 tiny handheld controls and a tiny screen.
Is that enjoyable to play on? I don’t have a monitor and it’s expensive enough as is so I wouldn’t want to add on. Also are there a large amount of discs we can eventually add to our collection?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 2:36 pm
You can buy the game discs in target or a store like that?

If you don't buy discs, how else can you get games?

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 4:44 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
The one linked looks like 2 tiny handheld controls and a tiny screen.
Is that enjoyable to play on? I don’t have a monitor and it’s expensive enough as is so I wouldn’t want to add on. Also are there a large amount of discs we can eventually add to our collection?

I usually play on just the switch (regular, not lite) and its fine. The screen is a good size, id say a little smaller than a standard envelope. 4 players at a time might take some getting used to on a split screen but not all games do that anyways (some have all players share one screen)

Yes, there are a ton of games. It is nintendos most succesful system to date and there are constantly new games coming out as its super super popular.

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 4:47 pm
amother OP wrote:

Target, walmart, best buy, game stop, macys, etc etc etc. They are very easy to get. Costco sometimes has them as well

If you have an internet connection you can buy them directly on the console in a download version. You can also buy the digital copy online through retailers, like target. People sometimes prefer that since you cant lose the game card

zigi

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 5:46 pm
amother OP wrote:

Each game is under 60$ they are really small cartridges. You can buy a digital code, the real switch is better because the tracking on the controllers can break. But you can replace the controllers

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 5:49 pm
zigi wrote:
Each game is under 60$ they are really small cartridges. You can buy a digital code, the real switch is better because the tracking on the controllers can break. But you can replace the controllers

What do you mean the real switch is better?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics