Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
How do I pack these things?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:52 am
We are hoping to move soon. I'm trying to figure out certain things for example:

Stuffed animals are kept in a empty beanbag case. Should I keep them there or box so can be stacked?

Kids toys are in cube boxes that are soft sides and don't close. After we move I plan to buy different storage units but can't do that until we move. Do I just pour toys in boxes? Is there a way to move as they are? They won't fill a packing box well.

Big toys like dollhouse, kitchen set, car race track, ride on toys

Board Games? They will take like 10 boxes, they are so wide.

Which things are we better off doing ourselves besides dishes and fishtank?

ftm1234

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:59 am
We just moved with only 1 weeks notice so I get how crazy and hectic it can get 🙂

Definitely don’t just pour the toys into boxes, you’ll regret it. Take the containers it’s in right now.

Everything that can be packed into boxes should go there even if the box remains half empty because of the stuff not fitting in perfectly.

As for the dollhouse, if you can take it apart, do that.
If you can’t and it doesn’t fit in the box, take it with you in the car. (I don’t know how far you will be from where you live now, so this advice might not work for you.)

Good luck!

ETA we wrapped the dishes in towels, put it in boxes and sent with the movers. Bh nothing broke but you have to be willing to take the risk.

Last edited by ftm1234 on Wed, Nov 29 2023, 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 11:02 am
I would put as much as you can in boxes. It's much easier to load/unload the moving truck that way. Also leave as much as you can in the containers their already in, it will make it go much faster when unpacking. We also had soft sided bins for toys. I put the bins, filled with toys into boxes. I think I was able to fit 2 bins per box. Larger, bulky toys are harder. Box up as many as you can but there are always going to be a few that just don't fit.

TravelHearter

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 11:02 am
What I did was empty those storage bins into large ziplocks per category. You may need two per box. Bigger things- I got a huge box or two and tried to put whatever I can in there and put the ziplocks from above or towels or teddy bears to stuff the empty space.
Another question is are you moving it or a moving company-they may require everything to be in a box

amother
Seablue

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 11:17 am
Put everything in boxes even if the box is half full. Trust me it goes faster that way. I've moved 6 times I always end up with bulky items that I didn't have time to put in a box and each time it's annoyinf

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 11:19 am
Definitely dont leave anything in open containers, they can easily fall during the move and things will go flying everywhere.

Board games I packed into large boxes. It takes 2 or 3, since I have a lot.

Dishes I pack using packing kraft paper I buy from amazon (pre cut). I use heavy duty boxes from Home Depot. Anything that is very expensive or not-replaceable I would take with me in my trunk for peace of mind. Even a well packed truck and have boxes fall while moving.

Ride on cars, large dollhouses etc just will go into the truck as is, no box necessary.

If stuffed animals are in a closed bag, you can leave them. It might be easier to pack the truck if they are in a box but you can always stick them in somewhere, I wouldnt waste a box on it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 11:51 am
Thanks all!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating