Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Best stroller for metro

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 8:58 pm
I live in Paris and take the metro a lot, so lots of stairs, escalators, in and out of trains, cramped spaces...I also live on 2nd floor with no elevator, so I'll be lugging the stroller up and down a lot too. No car, so 99% of the time just using it in metro and on city streets.

Stroller is for a newborn IYH, but I'd like to be able to use it for much longer than that

Stroller recommendations? What do you like or dislike about it?

Thx in advance

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 1:58 am
Bugaboo bee? It's not so heavy

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 5:22 am
I'm not from Paris, but visited many times. I would say just by observation the yoyo is most popular in Paris. Walk down the street and count how many you see. And remember most of the metro station do not have elevators so you will need to be able to carry down the stairs or hope somebody will help you.
The last time I was in Paris was December 2022 I used my yoyo (not for newborn) with no problem and my husband was able to carry it with a toddler down to the metro. Just make sure to get the bassinet or the newborn insert. And ask your friends what they have.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 7:07 am
Deff one
Of the travel strollers that you can use a bassinet for- only one I know of is the yo-yo. So worth it.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:46 am
Joie Parcel. It is quite light (6.9 kg). Reclines almost all the way, can be used for a newborn if you get a little cushion insert (because the straps might not be small enough otherwise). 4 recline settings, the most upright is practically sitting complete straight so good for older kids. Can recline or un-recline with one hand. Folds with one hand, unfolding can be done with one hand but isn't as easy. Folds up pretty small, doesn't take up too much space in our apartment. Can push it with one hand. Can add a bassinet or a car seat which clicks on (they use the same adapters). Can use basically any carseat with traditional European adapters - maxi-cosi, joie, nuna, cybex, etc. You would have to remove the bassinet or car seat if you want to fold it, but the adapters stay on and fold with the stroller so you won't loose them. Can be used up to 22 kg, so fine for older kids as well. Adjustable foot rest, mesh panels on top (peekaboo window to see baby) and back that you can open. Decent size basket (I can shove a large diaper bag in it). Fairly narrow, easy to maneuver in tight spaces. Turns on a dime. Good easy foot brake. Swivel locks on the front wheels for easier straight pushing. Has a belly bar. Adjustable foot rest. Rain cover for stroller and for bassinet (separate ones). 5 point harness that is magnetic so easy to buckle, opens with click of one button. It has decent size wheels and 4 wheel suspension, but it could be better as the baby feels it when on bumpy roads,but pushes like a dream on smooth sidewalks and indoors. The canopy also isn't the largest, some sun can get in from the sides, but it is a good size compared to other travel strollers and is water resistant. The seat also only faces forward, but the bassinet and car seat allow the baby to face you while little. Price is better than many other strollers. We are very happy with ours, use it to get around the city, including buses, light rail, walking, and in and out of the car.

An option that came out shortly after I had my baby was the Nuna Ixxa. A little lighter than the Parcel, reversible seat, can click in a bassinet or car seat, big sun hood (though the sides have mesh so it might let in air or sun), decent size wheels. More expensive than the Parcel, but it looked great in the store, I never tried it though (we happened to see it when in the store to buy a highchair).

bsy

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:48 am
Only a stroller with a one handed fold/opening. As far as I know, the yoyo is not one handed.

theoneandonly

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:53 am
Baby jogger City mini. Very light, one handed fold, one handed push, lies pretty flat for a newborn.

amother
Apple

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 12:06 pm
Joolz Aer maybe
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics