Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Would you hire a professional organizer?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 5:41 am
Im trying to decide if this os something I should remotely even try as a profession.
I love making things tidy and putting seder where there wasnt and getting rid of things that are not needed.
Would you hire someone to do this for you? Im talking pantries, clothing, attics, kids rooms, kitchens. Wherever.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 7:13 am
I have many times

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 7:16 am
Yes. If you're just starting out and are available, I'd hire you to help thin out my closet. Brooklyn.

Busybee5

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 7:20 am
I wouldn't personally as I don't need it but my mother had one recently.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 7:24 am
No. To me getting organized is not a challenge, it’s staying organized. Even with all the best systems in place, I wouldn’t stick with it during a crazy busy time so I would feel like I was wasting money. If I had to choose , I would rather a cleaner than a organizer .

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 7:52 am
notshanarishona wrote:
No. To me getting organized is not a challenge, it’s staying organized. Even with all the best systems in place, I wouldn’t stick with it during a crazy busy time so I would feel like I was wasting money. If I had to choose , I would rather a cleaner than a organizer .

This. I once polled it on social media. How many people who are not naturally organized or struggle to be organized, had a organizer set up their home and it's now organized long term.
The overall response was my organizer was great but I haven't kept to it long term.
I truly wonder if an organizer can set up a house that needs very little upkeep, it stays organized by the unorganized people.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 7:54 am
amother Trillium wrote:
This. I once polled it on social media. How many people who are not naturally organized or struggle to be organized, had a organizer set up their home and it's now organized long term.
The overall response was my organizer was great but I haven't kept to it long term.
I truly wonder if an organizer can set up a house that needs very little upkeep, it stays organized by the unorganized people.

All of my organized spaces have been stuck to long term. And during crazy times that they get neglected, they are super simple to put back
The point of organizing is not keeping things neat, but keeping things in a system
That doesn’t go away

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 8:15 am
amother Emerald wrote:
All of my organized spaces have been stuck to long term. And during crazy times that they get neglected, they are super simple to put back
The point of organizing is not keeping things neat, but keeping things in a system
That doesn’t go away

The only trouble is that you keep bringing more things into the house, which is not part of the system.

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 8:20 am
I wouldn’t because first of all I would not want anyone to see my mess and second of all I would still have to tell the organizer what I need and don’t need anymore so I could just do it myself- which I do from time to time. It just gets undone too fast so what’s the point?
I’m assuming that within the next 10-15 years everyone will IyH be married and then I’ll have an easy time keeping my house neat and organized. Now we have to live in it.

Not everyone will agree with me so don’t be discouraged if this is something you want to do. You asked so I answered.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 8:20 am
I would if they were affordable! I know people need to make a living, but the prices I've seen make it more of a luxury service. Not for me right now but if there was a deal I would do it.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 8:24 am
amother OP wrote:
Im trying to decide if this os something I should remotely even try as a profession.
I love making things tidy and putting seder where there wasnt and getting rid of things that are not needed.
Would you hire someone to do this for you? Im talking pantries, clothing, attics, kids rooms, kitchens. Wherever.

I would, but most of them are crazy expensive.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 8:27 am
If you sign up to an agency like yeled vyalda, hamaspik, you might have lot of clients who need the service but can't afford it, and they will assign you the jobs and will pay you a check for the hours.

happy7

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 8:28 am
Are you good at setting up systems? Most people need the cleanup AND the system.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 8:29 am
amother Jetblack wrote:
I would if they were affordable! I know people need to make a living, but the prices I've seen make it more of a luxury service. Not for me right now but if there was a deal I would do it.

It is a luxury service. You can do it yourself, or hire someone else. People can charge whatever they want for a luxury

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 8:31 am
amother Peach wrote:
The only trouble is that you keep bringing more things into the house, which is not part of the system.

Doesn’t happen to me. A good system accommodates for regular additions and throwing things out.

dankbar

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 8:34 am
Also people are emotionally attached to their stuff so they have a hard time letting go and are bias. Sometimes you need an objective point of view, a fresh set of eyes to tell you, that shirt you wore for last 10 yrs is not wearable anymore, maybe it's worn out or out of date.

Also you live in your space so sometimes you're oblivious to the clutter surrounding you, but when someone walks thru the door and sees piles of stuff, maybe because you don't have room to place into closets, and then she would help you decide what are stuff that are imp to keep and deserves real estate and what not. You can only stuff in to a space, according to what size space you have, that is container concept, you can only keep what fits. If not all fit, you have to decide what you keep and what you let go.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 8:35 am
The key is to put systems in place after organizing.
Been there , done that.
I’m very organized in nature but not alll my family is.

dankbar

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 8:37 am
To go thru everything, sometimes we can do it on our own, question is do we do it. When org comes, you set aside the time to see which tablecloths are stained, and which towels are frayed, and which clothes are outgrown, and which shoes are worn out, and which undies have holes, which games and puzzles have missing pieces, and which toys are broken.

dankbar

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 8:41 am
Sometimes there are things that are set aside to take care of, like fix the broken stuff, mend the torn stuff, take it somewhere, now will you do it? Is it worth fixing? Are those stained stuff you are trying to get stains out 100 times, do they even fit anymore, or is it worth the work still or not....

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 8:42 am
I’m naturally messy as is my husband. My house is a disaster. I would love an organizer to help me purge and put systems in place. I can’t afford it though. If you want to build your portfolio of before and after pix, my house is yours…..
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics