Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
What time do YOU eat supper?
1  2  Next

What time do you eat supper?
5-6  
 28%  [ 48 ]
6-7  
 26%  [ 44 ]
7-8  
 17%  [ 29 ]
8-9  
 11%  [ 19 ]
Later than 9  
 3%  [ 6 ]
Every night different  
 12%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 167

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 8:35 pm
See poll. Am I the only one who gets to finally eat after 8?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 8:38 pm
I'm trying to answer this question, realizing that I rarely sit down to eat dinner. I usually eat her and there as I make dinner and then I'm not hungry until later when I'll probably have a snack. Gosh this habit has got to change Can't Believe It

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 8:42 pm
Some kids eat at around 5:30. I eat at around 6:30 with DH and the rest of the kids.

bestwife4

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 8:46 pm
My son eats at 6. My husband comes home 7 so he eats around 7:30. And I eat whenever I'm hungry

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 8:48 pm
Where's my option for I eat 2 dinners? With the littles at 5 and then with my husband at 6:30

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 8:49 pm
6:30. We eat as a family

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 8:52 pm
I eat with my kids at 5:30/6.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 9:00 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
I'm trying to answer this question, realizing that I rarely sit down to eat dinner. I usually eat her and there as I make dinner and then I'm not hungry until later when I'll probably have a snack. Gosh this habit has got to change Can't Believe It

Surprised Are cannibals allowed on here?

I eat supper between 5 and 6, with my kids.

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 9:01 pm
amother Phlox wrote:

Unless DH has a late client meeting, we also eat around that time, as a family. Grew up in a home where we also always ate as a family every night. Surprised to see that's not a norm.

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 9:03 pm
If dh is home at 5 we eat as a family

If not the kids and I eat because I get very hungry and low blood sugar

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 9:11 pm
I usually eat with my kids as dh gets home pretty late usually. If he's working local I try and wait for him. We ate supper as a family every night growing up.

amother
White

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 9:21 pm
dinner is usually the first thing that happens when I get home, whatever time that might be - I'll make more complex meals if I'm due home on time, I'll plan for bringing home something or making something quicker if I've errands/appoinment on the way home. latest we eat is my gym night, but I've had a snack to fuel my workout and dh probably has something too, he knows what night and I don't check up on him (no kids) 5:30-7:30 weekdays

sundays we might have a bigger meal earlier and lighter fare later, instead of "dinner"

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 9:34 pm
We eat as a family, usually around 5:30-6.
If my husband is late from work, we try to wait for him but rarely he'll come home closer to 7 and in that case we eat without him.

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 11:15 pm
Depends. Sometimes at 5, sometimes at 9. Depends on when I ate lunch, how hungry I am, how busy and distracted, lots of factors. When I had school age kids, I ate with them around 5 or 6 usually.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 11:45 pm
amother Phlox wrote:

Same. I try to have dinner ready to go on the table when DH walks in around 6:30. If he messages that he's running late then we'll start without him and he'll catch up when he gets home a little later. I give the younger kids a healthy snack when they get home from school so they're not "starving" waiting for dinner.

I grew up with a family dinner and very much appreciate the ability to institute that in my home as well. It gives us time to catch up on our days together and have some daily family time rather than all be ships passing on the way to and from school/work/extracurriculars.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:42 am
amother Cherry wrote:
Unless DH has a late client meeting, we also eat around that time, as a family. Grew up in a home where we also always ate as a family every night. Surprised to see that's not a norm.

I can't make young kids wait till DH gets home to eat. If I give them snack before, then they don't eat dinner. By the time DH gets home, it's almost bedtime and they're too tired for dinner.
When DH & me sit down for dinner, the kids usually join us at the table to schmooze.

tweety1

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 1:02 am
Before 6. I don't eat anything after 6. Dh eats after 8/9. Sometimes even later. .

Rabbit613

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 4:31 am
My kids eat at 6ish and me and dh eat after the kids go to sleep. Most nights around 9.
I wonder if there are different norms for people in different countries. I am in Israel and I think people twnd to eat dinner later because they have a big lunch.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 7:40 am
amother Cherry wrote:

We like eating as a family, but my kids walk in the door starving, and if I give them snacks then they don't eat dinner. So I feed them dinner as soon as we get home, and then we all sit down for dinner again with DH- the kids don't eat much the second time and that's ok

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:27 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:
We like eating as a family, but my kids walk in the door starving, and if I give them snacks then they don't eat dinner. So I feed them dinner as soon as we get home, and then we all sit down for dinner again with DH- the kids don't eat much the second time and that's ok

This sounds exhausting. Are you just got setting and clearing the table all night? Heating and reheating food?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics