Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Safe to go to Teveriya now?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:20 am
Is it? Especially with the killing of the top Hamas leader in Lebanon today.
I know it's not near the border, but still.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:31 pm
Anyone?

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:41 pm
I think Teveriya didn't get any missiles at all the whole war, correct me if I'm wrong. It is remote in many ways and neither close to the border nor a big city, therefore not an interesting target. If anything, it is probably safer now than most other places in Israel.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:50 pm
Thanks. What about the roads there from Yerushalayim? Are they also safe? Will need to pass near any Arab villages?

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:57 pm
Yes, Teveria is safe.
You can drive there. You can take a bus there from Jerusalem. You don't have to drive through Arab villages.
Be"H you'll be fine.
Enjoy.

salt

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. What about the roads there from Yerushalayim? Are they also safe? Will need to pass near any Arab villages?

Kvish 6 in general is a safer road than the Bika Road.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 10:10 pm
salt wrote:
Kvish 6 in general is a safer road than the Bika Road.

It's also much straighter (though less scenic). And it's a for-pay road, I think.

Roots

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 10:37 pm
even if there will be a siren do you know what to do?

https://www.oref.org.il/en

זמן ההגעה למרחב המוגן
דקה

tveria has 1 minute to get to a safe place

also
If you receive an alert while traveling by car, you must stop immediately and reach the most protected space in a nearby building. If it is not possible to reach a building, pull over, lie on the ground in a safe place and protect your head with your hands. Only if it is not possible to get out of the car – stop at the side of the road and bend below the window line.

amother
Oleander

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 11:37 pm
Most definitely go up via the Kvish 6 or by a proper bus.

Don't be the tourist who gets caught in the Shomron and doesn't know what to do. There's an active war going on and there's no excuse for that. I have a son serving in the Shomron now and it's pretty volatile there right now.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 12:52 am
Roots wrote:

If you receive an alert while traveling by car, you must stop immediately and reach the most protected space in a nearby building. If it is not possible to reach a building, pull over, lie on the ground in a safe place and protect your head with your hands.

That's the official rules. The common practice is to protect your head with one hand, while holding your cell phone in front of you with the other!

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 1:47 am
I live right outside of Tiveria it is safe bH! Have family in Tiveria and we are there all the time. Agree with previous posters to take a bus from Yerushalayim. I feel safer on the bus because there is always at least one armed person on the bus in my experience.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 7:46 am
We visited Israel for chanuka. We stayed In Jerusalem. One day we visited Tzfat, teveriya and meron. We drove by car.
We saw some military trucks on the highway, and there were some added checkpoints where they look into your car but aside for that it didn’t feel like war time.
Check with the busses though. At some point busses weren’t going into meron.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 7:56 am
amother Rose wrote:
We visited Israel for chanuka. We stayed In Jerusalem. One day we visited Tzfat, teveriya and meron. We drove by car.
We saw some military trucks on the highway, and there were some added checkpoints where they look into your car but aside for that it didn’t feel like war time.
Check with the busses though. At some point busses weren’t going into meron.

Yeah, but now is an added concern after yesterday's strike in Beirut.

Thanks, everyone. The truth is, my daughter's seminary is planning a trip there and don't feel it's a good idea...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions