Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Autism evaluation

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 9:28 pm
I suspect my 2 year old is on the spectrum. Don't know where to start. Where would I go to get him an evaluation in the lakewood are? Someone thats really good! Thank you so much!

miami85

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 9:32 pm
https://www.nj.gov/health/fhs/eis/

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 9:56 pm
Thanks! He's almost three so don't think ei makes sense. Where would I go in lakewood for testing...doc, psychologist, aba place....don't know where to start???

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 10:20 pm
Children's specialized hospital with insurance Jersey care . No appointments currently in toms river.

Relief can give you referrals.

Please update if you find someone who takes Jersey care!

oneofakind

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 10:24 pm
There agencies that take Jersey care that advertise in the BP. I don't know if they are reliable. Does CHOP still take Jersey care? I'd try there.

happy7

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 10:25 pm
You will need a developmental pediatrician. Ask YOUR regular pediatrician for a recommendation. To get it covered by insurance you are going to need a referral from them in any case.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 10:29 pm
I don’t mean to be discouraging, but get on it IMMEDIATELY. There are terribly long waiting lists in most of these places. (Definitely at CHOP…they tell you almost two years…BTDT.)
Even if you only have a suspicion. Don’t push it off.

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 10:31 pm
I think a few different types of practitioner s. developmental pediatrician psychologist maybe others.you can also call am agency that you'd want to work with and ask them if they can refer you to someone who can diagnose and/or call relief.

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 10:32 pm
oneofakind wrote:
There agencies that take Jersey care that advertise in the BP. I don't know if they are reliable. Does CHOP still take Jersey care? I'd try there.

By agencies are you referring to the ones providing services like aba/floortime or for a diagnosis?

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 10:35 pm
amother Orange wrote:
I don’t mean to be discouraging, but get on it IMMEDIATELY. There are terribly long waiting lists in most of these places. (Definitely at CHOP…they tell you almost two years…BTDT.)
Even if you only have a suspicion. Don’t push it off.

Ye I second doing this right away.

If you pay out of pocket,.there are options to do this quickly.

Btdt too (not w chop) and currently trying to figure out what my next step should be for my next child.also 2.

amother
Mulberry

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 10:40 pm
Dr. Randye F. Huron is a dev pediatrician in hackensack that takes one jerseycare hmo( I switched my kids for that month) I found her to be on target, but bedside manner was terrible. shuki berman told us about her.

it may be worth your while to go private pay if you hear of someone that people really like to get an accurate diagnosis...please share if you do hear of someone good!

and yes, waiting lists are typically 1 yr plus...absolutely book an appt and best case scenario you can cancel

amother
Mulberry

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 10:43 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
Ye I second doing this right away.

If you pay out of pocket,.there are options to do this quickly.

Btdt too (not w chop) and currently trying to figure out what my next step should be for my next child.also 2.

who did you like for private pay? did you see someone in chop that you were happy with....I'm looking now also

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 10:55 pm
Thanks everyone! I don't have jersey care. Have private insurance thru my husband work. Is chop the best? Anyone happy with someone they used private or in chop that they would recommend?

amother
Mulberry

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 11:03 pm
this is what chop neurology sent me as a list of resources for autsim eval.

Neurabilities - https://neurabilities.com/locations/

SPIN
10501 Drummond Rd. Phila., PA 19154
1-844-SPIN-CAN
https://spininc.org/autism-services/

A.J. Drexel Autism Institute
ehs43@drexel.edu or 215 571-3401
https://drexel.edu/autisminsti.....ices/

Children's Specialized Hospital
888-244-5373
200 Somerset Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
https://www.rwjbh.org/children.....ital/

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 11:18 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
who did you like for private pay? did you see someone in chop that you were happy with....I'm looking now also

I didn't go to chop I went to children's specialized. Relief can give you names for private pay . Also agencies that you want to use for services can probably refer you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)