Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I'm a geek AMA 🤓
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 4:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
Tongue Out
Mayhap you can enlighten our august public as to the precise method one can employ to conduct a "geeking out" discussion regarding vocabulary?

I guess she meant former, not latter. Regardless....

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 4:15 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
I guess she meant former, not latter. Regardless....

Well, if she did mean vocabulary, I challenge you all to a game of bananagrams 🍌

synthy

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 4:19 pm
K I think we need a designated forum on here we’re we can each talk to ourselves about our personal obsessions 😝. Only half joking…

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 4:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
If you have people in your daily life who are similar to you in this way, you can consider yourself lucky!

Right now not really. Most of the people though are open to listening to me ramble about whatever I'm interested in currently so I don't have to censor myself so so much..... 🙈

I have friends who are like this but I don't see them enough. None live near me anymore

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 4:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
Well, if she did mean vocabulary, I challenge you all to a game of banagrams 🍌

I'm just informing you - you will most definitely lose 😂

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 4:32 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
I'm just informing you - you will most definitely lose 😂

Ohhh you think so, huh?? Punch LOL

DreamerForever

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 5:17 pm
Which is the factor that officially pronounces you a geek?

Aren't certified geeks more obsessed with technical and mathematical details? My own behavior can border on geeky too; but I never thought of myself as one since I am more literarily inclined, and consider myself to be emotionally intelligent.

But I can spend hours online researching the most random things, based off a single word or image which happened to pique my curiosity.

Do we have a professional geek assessor on here??

DreamerForever

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 5:20 pm
synthy wrote:
You sound a lot like me. I neeed to learn a new genre every so often and obsess over random nerdy stuff to keep my brain from wilting. I think I might be a teeny bit autistic. Do you think that’s true for you too?

Synthy, I have to say that your avatar looks decidedly geeky. In a cool way actually. Like perhaps a sci-fi version Wink

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 5:25 pm
DreamerForever wrote:
Which is the factor that officially pronounces you a geek?

Aren't certified geeks more obsessed with technical and mathematical details? My own behavior can border on geeky too; but I never thought of myself as one since I am more literarily inclined, and consider myself to be emotionally intelligent.

But I can spend hours online researching the most random things, based off a single word or image which happened to pique my curiosity.

Do we have a professional geek assessor on here??

I'm probably not a certified geek. More garden-variety. Definitely NO math, thankyouverymuch!

I do the same thing re: throwing hours of time down internet rabbit holes after searching a new word or phrase.

A geek assessor would be extremely useful, I agree.

I was thinking that one's relative level of geekiness might actually depend on their circles and how comparatively geeky or intellectual those circles are. I happen to move in relatively non-geeky circles, hence my self-declaration as a geek. But some of you fellow geeks are making me think you should take over the AMA. Not worthy

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 10:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
Parenting book -- sometimes you have no choice but to read something practical
Historical fiction about the Tower of London
Self help book about motivation -- this one is out of pure desperation

Nothing as intense as your booklist. You sound a lot more intellectual than my current capabilities. I go through phases as far as the amount of nitty gritty I can handle.

Yes to the mess!

Me too!

I loved reading about different random stuff; First Ladies in the White House, I love reading personality theory, psychology, parenting, self help…and researching stuff about politics too online.

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 11:41 pm
DH has ADHD and has many hobbies and random areas of deep interest and mastery.

DreamerForever

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:53 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm probably not a certified geek. More garden-variety. Definitely NO math, thankyouverymuch!

I do the same thing re: throwing hours of time down internet rabbit holes after searching a new word or phrase.

A geek assessor would be extremely useful, I agree.

I was thinking that one's relative level of geekiness might actually depend on their circles and how comparatively geeky or intellectual those circles are. I happen to move in relatively non-geeky circles, hence my self-declaration as a geek. But some of you fellow geeks are making me think you should take over the AMA. Not worthy

That's the thing. Just like they say 'normal is relative'; I think geekiness is relative too. Perhaps it's dependent on the people around you...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics