Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Bathtub

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 3:29 pm
How do you clean your bathtub? What products do you use? I have multipurpose fabuloso, can I use that?

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 3:30 pm
Do you mean baby bath or regular bathtub?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 3:31 pm
Regular bathtub

stillnewlywed

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 3:31 pm
Scrubbing bubbles or ajax

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 3:56 pm
I have a spray bottle filled with Mr clean diluted with water. I keep that handy and rinse the bathtub every day. It comes in handy for doing a quick clean up in the bathroom and wiping general spills/cleaning counters...

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 3:57 pm
Mr clean magic eraser

jflower

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 5:34 pm
Soft scrub

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 5:36 pm
I dry the tub and clean out all the hairs. Then I do soft scrub, then clorox, then Windex once a week on friday

But I totally made up that routine and I'm not sure if that's the best way to clean it, although it is looks nice and shiny after. Im open to suggestions!

zaq

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 6:13 pm
Overkill, my dear. It's a bathtub, not a surgical table. One cleanser like Soft Scrub or Ajax is quite enough. Clorox in addition is entirely unnecessary unless you have a particularly stubborn stain, like maybe someone spilled black hair dye in the tub and left it there for a week. You can also get Soft Scrub with bleach which will both clean and disinfect, though TBH I fail to see a need to use such a product. Unless you're eating, cooking or performing invasive medical procedures in the tub, cleaning the tub with soap and water, or any old cleanser and water, washes away enough germs for it not to pose a health hazard.

Oh, and please tell me you don't use Clorox and then Windex immediately after that? Those two should never mix even in your dreams unless you want to poison yourself and do your lungs serious and possibly permanent damage.

Of course, if a household member has athlete's foot, then you will want to use a cleanser with chlorine bleach to disinfect after that person uses the tub. Otherwise, there is no need.

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 7:01 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
I dry the tub and clean out all the hairs. Then I do soft scrub, then clorox, then Windex once a week on friday

But I totally made up that routine and I'm not sure if that's the best way to clean it, although it is looks nice and shiny after. Im open to suggestions!

Windex on a tub?

ceebea

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 7:31 pm
https://www.amazon.com/SonicPo.....psc=1

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 7:48 pm
zaq wrote:
Overkill, my dear. It's a bathtub, not a surgical table. One cleanser like Soft Scrub or Ajax is quite enough. Clorox in addition is entirely unnecessary unless you have a particularly stubborn stain, like maybe someone spilled black hair dye in the tub and left it there for a week. You can also get Soft Scrub with bleach which will both clean and disinfect, though TBH I fail to see a need to use such a product. Unless you're eating, cooking or performing invasive medical procedures in the tub, cleaning the tub with soap and water, or any old cleanser and water, washes away enough germs for it not to pose a health hazard.

Oh, and please tell me you don't use Clorox and then Windex immediately after that? Those two should never mix even in your dreams unless you want to poison yourself and do your lungs serious and possibly permanent damage.

Of course, if a household member has athlete's foot, then you will want to use a cleanser with chlorine bleach to disinfect after that person uses the tub. Otherwise, there is no need.

OMG I am terrified now. I had no idea not to use Clorox and windex. My thought process was that Clorox disinfects and windex gives it a nice shine. I will stop doing it immediately.

lucky14

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 8:16 pm
Mr clean magic eraser.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 10:37 pm
Soft Scrub or Bar Keepers Friend (my favorite) with a Scotch Brite pad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry