Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Thyroid numbers elevated, looking for endocrinologist

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 9:17 pm
My son is currently synthroid for hypothyroidism. He is being seen by an endocrinologist affiliated with the northwell medical system in NY. I don’t feel like she is looking at the whole picture. I brought up his growth at our last appointment (he’s one of the shortest in his class) and she brushed it off.
I’d like to try to take him to someone who will look at the whole picture- all the different hormone levels, growth hormone, etc.
I know that there are, for example, psychiatric nurse practitioners who look at the bigger picture when prescribing adhd meds. They don’t just look at is the med doing it’s job, but also how the rest of the body is being affected. Is there something like that for thyroid as well? I’m not looking for an alternative practitioner, just someone who will look at everything. Someone on Long Island, preferably. I would consider Brooklyn as well, IF parking is easy, and there is not a long wait time in the office.

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 9:34 pm
I was blown away by Dr. laurie Cohen at Montefiore in the Bronx. She was a wonderful shliach for my children. I've been to other endocrinologists, and they don't come close. She is a brilliant woman, who is patient, thorough, and very kind.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 10:40 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
I was blown away by Dr. laurie Cohen at Montefiore in the Bronx. She was a wonderful shliach for my children. I've been to other endocrinologists, and they don't come close. She is a brilliant woman, who is patient, thorough, and very kind.

Do you have contact info? And does she do telehealth visits? I’m not going to the Bronx, it scares me.

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Jan 26 2024, 12:53 pm
The phone number is 718 741 2450. I doubt she does telehealth, but it's worth a try... Also, I don't find the Bronx to be too bad these days, just go straight into the hospital building, and you should be okay...

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Jan 26 2024, 12:58 pm
Dr. Zoltan Antal in Cornell also comes highly recommended, although I've never been to him... (He was going to be our next stop, in case Dr. Cohen can't help us...)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics