Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
SO CONFUSED NEED HELP

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:04 pm
I b'h have 2 nieces getting married but guess what they are both on the same night. one is from my side of the family the other is my husbands side. The problem is one of them is a older single, and we were waiting for such a long time for her to get engaged. We are thrilled that she finally got engaged, and its a huge simcha. I dont know what to do, whos wedding do I go to? Any opions will help. TYIA

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:04 pm
Can you each go to one?

Tova

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:05 pm
Aww what a shame. Can you and your husband split up?

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:06 pm
I would split up with my husband. If you try to go to both you end up being by neither.

ydragm

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:08 pm
the problem is its not in same city, so its like I can run back and forth to each wedding.

ydragm

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:11 pm
I problably will split but its going to be so hard to miss that huge simcha. I know ill regret not going to that weddding.

kenz

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:14 pm
OMG that’s really a disaster. A good one to have if you must have one, but ouch. I would just be honest with myself about which one I am needed at more - I.e. who would be more hurt if I’m not at their simcha - and go there, and then go to the other one’s Shabbos sheva brachos. One of them is your sibling’s child, so you should be able to get an honest response from them at least.

ydragm

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:25 pm
Kenz Your %100 right about that. And thats what my heart is telling me to do. Ill end up going for Shabbos Sheva Brachos to the one I missed. But the dissapointment will still be there.

kenz

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:31 pm
ydragm wrote:
Kenz Your %100 right about that. And thats what my heart is telling me to do. Ill end up going for Shabbos Sheva Brachos to the one I missed. But the dissapointment will still be there.

I’m really sorry it ended up scheduled that way. Even 1 day apart would be better. Just make it clear how torn you are and give a big gift! IyH you should have many more simchos to attend.

ydragm

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:32 pm
AMEIN!! We all should.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics