Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Swimming on taanis esther

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 7:55 am
The yeled vyalda pool is open on taanis esther and I was thinking of going since I have the day off. Is it the right thing to do - swimming on a fast day (I probably won't be fasting)?

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:25 am
I will probably go iyh. Why do you think it is not right? It keeps me fit and sane!!

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:53 am
It's not a destruction of the Bais Hamikdash fast. I don't see anything wrong with going.

zaq

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 2:36 pm
I wouldn't unless it were medically necessary, like therapy for arthritis or back trouble. There is no halachic issur but IMHO it's inappropriate on a taanis. Especially this year when a new Haman has arisen and we need to concentrate on our tefilla and teshuva now more than ever.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 4:43 pm
even during the 9 days if you usually exercise, you're allowed to continue to do so - and shower afterwards.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note