Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Succos Menus
1  2  Next

myboys

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 3:38 pm
I need new menu ideas. Any suggestions for lunch meals??

Tamiri

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 3:41 pm
Turkey meat loaf?
Roast turkey breast?
Unstuffed cabbage/meatballs?

anuta

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 4:04 pm
We are eating out two meals. For the other two (dinner and lunch) I am planning:

dinner:
mushroom-barley soup
baked whole chickens
curried lentils with sweet potatoes and swiss chard (can be a veggie entry or a side dish)
dessert: cranberry bars

lunch:
mushroom-barley soup
sweet and sour meatballs Ukrainian style
mashed bicolor potatoes (plain and sweet)
pumpkin pie

flowerpower

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 5:24 pm
No clue yet. First comes y"k-three meals.

goodheart

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 6:05 pm
brisket
chicken capons
so far

myboys

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 9:40 pm
goodheart wrote:
brisket
chicken capons
so far

what are chicken capons??

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 10:11 pm
aw, shoots, I posted my sukkos menu by rosh hashana.. lemme see if I can cut and paste...

I am finallu taking a much needed break from all the baking...
I think I almost have the sukkos menu figured out.. I will be stayin ghome second days.

Challa
Buffallo Tilapia
Cream of Butternut Squash soup
Brisket
cabbage and noodles
apple pie

Challa
Tri colored gefilte
chicken soup
chicken pastrami roll ups with apricot reduction
potato bourekas
choclate souffle

challa
sesame teriyaki salmon
stuffed cabbage
meat in red sauce
maybe dijon greenbeans
apple compote

challa
tri colored gefilte
soup
pickled meat
carrot muffins
potato bourekas
apple compote

I will probably mix and match.. its not etched in stone..
ok, time for beeed. Im finished. ( just made 4 of my 3 layer cakes, 3 batched carrot muffins, 3 batches cherry pie muffins.. had to wait up til they coold..)

nishtikeit

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 2:08 am
If it doesn't rain, you can do what I want to do on the second day -have a barbecue (No pots to wash!)

goodheart

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 2:14 am
nishtikeit wrote:
If it doesn't rain, you can do what I want to do on the second day -have a barbecue (No pots to wash!)

my bil wanted to do that my sil didn't let shes embarrased what her nieghbors going to say.
but if I would have had where to make it dh would have done that

goodheart

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 2:17 am
myboys wrote:
goodheart wrote:
brisket
chicken capons
so far

what are chicken capons??

chicken capons are the top of chicken with out the bone and with skin and u stuff it (with a rice mixer)
u can also get it in dark meat bottom part of chicken with out the bone.
it looks really nice and taste good.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 2:26 am
goodheart wrote:
nishtikeit wrote:

my bil wanted to do that my sil didn't let shes embarrased what her nieghbors going to say.

My husband wants us to start a Minhag by Davka BBQing on the Chaggim, to show there is a difference between Halachot of Yom Tov and Shabbat :)

Our menu is in the works still... For the evening meal I'll be making a roast pumpkin soup. Beyond that, I have NO idea.

For lunch, we'll start off with stuffed cabbage and I'll also be making meatballs for those who only like the meat part. I'll also make macaroni so the little kids can have meatballs and pasta. Then unfried breaded chicken breast served with my home made duck sauce, spinach kugel, roasted regular and sweet potatoes and... and...?

egam

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 11:45 am
YESHASettler wrote:
goodheart wrote:
nishtikeit wrote:

My husband wants us to start a Minhag by Davka BBQing on the Chaggim, to show there is a difference between Halachot of Yom Tov and Shabbat Smile

This is my DH dream. He tries to convince me for a couple of years already to have a BBQ. We actually have a small BBQ every Rosh Chodesh, so he wants to add Yom Tovs.

Anuta,

What is ukranian style meatballs? Ukranian borsch I know, and actually planning to make it for Sukkos, don't know meatballs.

anuta

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 11:50 am
egam wrote:
YESHASettler wrote:
goodheart wrote:
nishtikeit wrote:

My husband wants us to start a Minhag by Davka BBQing on the Chaggim, to show there is a difference between Halachot of Yom Tov and Shabbat Smile

This is my DH dream. He tries to convince me for a couple of years already to have a BBQ. We actually have a small BBQ every Rosh Chodesh, so he wants to add Yom Tovs.

Anuta,

What is ukranian style meatballs? Ukranian borsch I know, and actually planning to make it for Sukkos, don't know meatballs.

Ukrainian-style meatballs are "tefteli", like my grandma makes. They are kind of sweet-and sour, and have rice instead of breadcrumbs mixed in. They are in tomato-ee sauce (ketchup-based for convenience and thickened with flour), with a little sugar added.
I can get a recipe from my files at home if you'd like.

egam

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 11:58 am
Thank you. No need for the recipe. This is the way I always make them, and my mom and grandma. I make stuffed cabbage and peppers same way too. Just never thought it's ukranian style. Back in Ukraine I thought of them as jewish style.

anuta

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 12:02 pm
egam wrote:
Thank you. No need for the recipe. This is the way I always make them, and my mom and grandma. I make stuffed cabbage and peppers same way too. Just never thought it's ukranian style. Back in Ukraine I thought of them as jewish style.

Well, I said ukrainian-style to distinguish them from how they make them in america italian-style. This is the way me, my mom and grandma always make them too, so to me they are regular meatballs.

NativeMom

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 1:50 pm
[quote="Beauty and the Beast"]aw, shoots, I posted my sukkos menu by rosh hashana.. lemme see if I can cut and paste...

I am finallu taking a much needed break from all the baking...
I think I almost have the sukkos menu figured out.. I will be stayin ghome second days.

Challa
Buffallo Tilapia
Cream of Butternut Squash soup
/quote]
Beauty how do you make your cream of butternut squash soup? I always experiment because I dont have an exact recipe and I'm rarely satisfied with the way it comes out

zigi

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 2:56 pm
yesha says

"My husband wants us to start a Minhag by Davka BBQing on the Chaggim, to show there is a difference between Halachot of Yom Tov and Shabbat Smile"

that is a really yummy minhag! my neighbors used to do that on pesach, it smelled so good..... Very Happy

Tova

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 4:45 pm
Yesha, how do you put OUT the fire once you are done grilling?

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 1:16 pm
Tova wrote:
Yesha, how do you put OUT the fire once you are done grilling?

We use a charcoal grill and just let the coals die a natural death.

Tamiri

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 1:21 pm
Oh, yeah, charcoal. I forgot about that grilling method.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus