Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Disguising a big lower belly help

amother

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 1:32 pm
Anon cuz don't want anyone to know about my pouch. I have a nice body but I have a spare tire. What ways are there to hide it? I don't want to wear a girdle besides I don't think they work. Please share some tips.

fiddle

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 1:56 pm
wear clothes....alot of us have it. I just wear a tight shell an pray that it falls off while im sleeping

anon

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 2:06 pm
A girdle can make a big difference, but obviously it's not so comfortable.

Certain types of exercises can make a difference. I hear that pilates can do wonders for the pouch.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 2:08 pm
why don't you put on an outfit and look in the mirror before girdle and after girdle and see if it doesn't make a difference ... Idea

sky

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 2:40 pm
Go to a good lingerie store and have them suggest a girdle. the better ones are very uncomfortable but there are some that are not as tight and you don't feel them as much.

MiamiMommy

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 9:12 pm
Spanx! Love 'em!

nicole81

Post Thu, Jul 30 2009, 12:50 pm
practically all the tops at old navy hide the stomach. I personally have this one in two colors:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/.....90002

amother

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 12:51 am
SPANX! SPANX! SPANX! SPANX! SPANX!

LOVE THEM! DEFINITELY HELP! NOT UNCOMFORTABLE - NOT LIKE REGULAR GIRDLES.

THERE'S A FEW DIFFERENT STYLES - YOU NEED TO TRY A COUPLE OF THEM TO SEE WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU.

I LIKE THE SLIM COGNITO MID-THIGH SHAPER BEST.

amother

Post Fri, Jul 25 2014, 1:32 am
Did u consider liposuction

amother

Post Fri, Jul 25 2014, 10:30 am
Has anyone really gotten rid of the pouch without liposuction or any surgery after having 4+ kids.
Meaning a really nice flat stomach like pre-pregnancies.
I want to know if it is possible before I even attempt to work so hard.

amother

Post Fri, Jul 25 2014, 12:42 pm
My stomach is slowly disappearing after 3'kids, but I'm working out a ton now.

amother

Post Fri, Jul 25 2014, 12:52 pm
I wear control top panty hose/tights. when I don't want to wear stockings underneath a long skirt, I wear a light shaper. I also tend to wear tops that are a bit lose fitting... I never wear shells as a shirt.

MamaBear

Post Fri, Jul 25 2014, 3:04 pm
It can take a few years of not being pregnant for the skin to firm up somewhat. It's never going to be just like before but you need a few years off.

Have you tried wearing a high waisted full skirt with a tucked in fitted top? The skirt should sit at the smallest part of your waist, slightly above the natural waist. The pooch should be hidden within the full part of the skirt...unless your pooch starts higher up.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jul 25 2014, 10:29 pm
I'm slim, but I have a pouchy tummy. I wear A-line skirts or slim maxi skirts. For tops I often wear a fitted shell with a tunic length tank top over it. It's a very cute look and hides everything. There's lots of ways to mix it up and stay fashionable.

A few years ago I lost 50 pounds, but because of the way I dress no one noticed! A couple of people noticed that my face was a bit thinner, but other than that, no one could believe that I was ever 50 pounds heavier, even though they saw me every single week on Shabbos.

Another tip is to wear a funky "statement necklace" that is about 18 inches long. This draws attention to your face, and away from your stomach area. Fabulous earrings will do the same thing. Long necklaces are your enemy!

BTW, I despise anything elastic around my waist, because I have IBS. No control tops, girdles or Spanx for me, thank you very much.

KeepCalm

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 12:09 am
Bodysuits, in the right size, are perfectly comfortable. If you close it on top of your pantyhose it even takes care of the bulges that happens because of the tightness of the pantyhose.

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 8:51 am
The styles this year are perfect for disguising lower belly fat. They look like pre-maternity. You can get those swingy sleeveless tops to wear over straight skirts. They are loose and comfortable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics