Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
I'm at my wits end

amother

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 7:08 am
3 questions:

1. Began toilet training Dd (2 1/2 yrs old) about six weeks ago. She was doing phenomenally well and suddenly, seems to be having many accidents. Do I have to go back to taking her every 1/2 hr? She was always telling me when she needed to go and it seems we're suddenly regressing.

2. When can I just leave her to be and stop worrying every 5 minutes?

3. How should I react when she has an accident? Today, I had steam coming out and it took every effort not to hit her. I never hit, btw. She knows darn well what she's done and little talks do nothing. She just seems to be lazy these days.

tweety99

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 7:35 am
I could have written your post about 2 months ago!
my son was doing exactly that!! and I was at my wits end! I went mad! he was wetting himself the whole time! so my friend suggested I do a star chart with him. and I did. and bh it worked!
its also that they go through these phases of wetting themselves..she will grow out of it!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 9:57 am
She just did it all over me. I'm away from home and don't have another skirt. I'm Mad Mad Mad Exploding anger Exploding anger Exploding anger

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 10:03 am
She is obviously too young. I never started before 3 and school helped a lot.

greenfire

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 10:04 am
a 2 1/2 year old needs constant reminding ... as does a 6 year old too ... they're busy with their playing and they cannot focus ...

keep your wits about you and bring your child at set times ... before & after you wake up, before & after you eat, before you leave & as soon as you arrive ... and in between long play sessions ...

and when accidents do happen ... remember to stay calm ... have the child help clean it up and have them help change whatever needs to be changed, whether it be panties or bedsheets or everything they are wearing ...

imamama

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 2:46 pm
Maybe she's beginning to notice that she's not getting all the attention and pats on the back that she used to get for going in to toilet, so she's trying to get the attention a different way...

I think the star chart is a good idea. Give her some positive reinforcement.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training