Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize
1  2  3  4  Next

ora_43

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 5:46 am
Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize

Don't you usually have to do something or accomplish something in order to win one of those? Guess not...

Seraph

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 5:50 am
He was nominated 2 weeks after he became president, just had to point that out.

He must feel good to have joined ranks with people like yasser arafat and jimmy carter.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 5:52 am
He won for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples,"

Rolling Laughter

mimivan

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 6:15 am
They are presenting it ahead of time, because some of the members of the committee might not be able to make it if chas v'shalom there is a nuclear attack from Iran... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 6:18 am
What a joke LOL

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 6:25 am
Well he does look good in photos, and he speaks well when assisted by a teleprompter. Come on people, really, isn't that what counts?

LOL mimivan!

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 6:48 am
Has any one here listened to Laura Ingraham? I have that screaming track she plays in my head....it started when I heard this news inthe car on my way to work. AHHHHHHHH!!! He hasn't done anything! It's just silly.

ora_43

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 7:01 am
mimivan wrote:
They are presenting it ahead of time, because some of the members of the committee might not be able to make it if chas v'shalom there is a nuclear attack from Iran... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Rolling Laughter

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 7:05 am
When the clock radio woke me up this morning they were reporting this story... I thought it was a joke.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 7:09 am
Top 2 headlines on Drudge Report this a.m.: Obama Wins Nobel Prize and
Iran to Blow Up Heart of Israel if Attacked (CHv"S)

Hello, if he's won the peace prize for all his international outreach and peace making efforts, Iran, his pet outreach and peacemaking project since the campaign days, hasn't exactly gotten on board, have they?

Basically he's gotten an award for rhteoric and not for results. WOW!

Last edited by btMOMtoFFBs on Fri, Oct 09 2009, 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 7:12 am
Well, "peace" to many is wounding our missle defense system and telling Jews to stop building houses.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 7:13 am
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:

You are sharp. While my body is at my desk, my head is still on my pillow.

grace413

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 7:15 am
Unbelievable!

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 7:16 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:

Thanks Not in NJ! Wish I could buy you a cup of coffee to help you wake up.

bubby

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 7:25 am
Oh boy! Glenn, Lou, Steve...they'll be apoplectic. This just shows how stupid these Nobel Prizes are. They are out of touch with reality. It's unbelievable that this loser who has done nothing to promote peace (except, of course, to bash Israel) gets the prize. But then again, bashing Israel =promoting peace.

I am now ashamed I became an American citizen. GET ME OUT OF HERE!!! BUY MY CONDO!! LET ME MOVE TO EY!!!

sequoia

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 7:27 am
Hey, it's not an honor, it's a disgrace.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 7:29 am
bubby wrote:
Oh boy! Glenn, Lou, Steve...they'll be apoplectic. This just shows how stupid these Nobel Prizes are. They are out of touch with reality. It's unbelievable that this loser who has done nothing to promote peace (except, of course, to bash Israel) gets the prize. But then again, bashing Israel =promoting peace.

I am now ashamed I became an American citizen. GET ME OUT OF HERE!!! BUY MY CONDO!! LET ME MOVE TO EY!!!

I wouldn't be ashamed to be an American. We didn't nominate him for the prize. I'd be ashamed to be a Swede!

bubby

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 7:31 am
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:
bubby wrote:

I wouldn't be ashamed to be an American. We didn't nominate him for the prize. I'd be ashamed to be a Swede!

You're right! (I feel better now...sort of. Mad ) But it's Norway, not Sweden...isn't it?

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 7:32 am
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:
NotInNJMommy wrote:
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:

Thanks Not in NJ! Wish I could buy you a cup of coffee to help you wake up.

I actually brought milk to work today, since my only option of milchig coffee today is now bc I'll be eating kreplach for lunch. And now I'm sufficiently coffee'd up...for now.

So, I'll just attribute this meshugas to the birthpangs of Moshiach, and that geulah is around the corner from this chaos.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 8:00 am
bubby wrote:
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:
bubby wrote:

You're right! (I feel better now...sort of. Mad ) But it's Norway, not Sweden...isn't it?

We're both partly correct:
Here's what the article said: Unlike the other Nobel Prizes, which are awarded by Swedish institutions, he said the peace prize should be given out by a five-member committee elected by the Norwegian Parliament. Sweden and Norway were united under the same crown at the time of Nobel's death.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics