Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

supermama2

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 8:19 am
no, you don't have to accomplish much I assume..Carter and Arafat have won before.

bubby

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 8:50 am
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:
bubby wrote:
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:
bubby wrote:
Oh boy! Glenn, Lou, Steve...they'll be apoplectic. This just shows how stupid these Nobel Prizes are. They are out of touch with reality. It's unbelievable that this loser who has done nothing to promote peace (except, of course, to bash Israel) gets the prize. But then again, bashing Israel =promoting peace.

I am now ashamed I became an American citizen. GET ME OUT OF HERE!!! BUY MY CONDO!! LET ME MOVE TO EY!!!

I wouldn't be ashamed to be an American. We didn't nominate him for the prize. I'd be ashamed to be a Swede!

You're right! (I feel better now...sort of. Mad ) But it's Norway, not Sweden...isn't it?

We're both partly correct:
Here's what the article said: Unlike the other Nobel Prizes, which are awarded by Swedish institutions, he said the peace prize should be given out by a five-member committee elected by the Norwegian Parliament. Sweden and Norway were united under the same crown at the time of Nobel's death.

Same thing then...bloody moronic Scandinavian foreigners! Wink

willow

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 9:01 am
SarahO. wrote:
no, you don't have to accomplish much I assume..Carter and Arafat have won before.
They deserved it more then him I have to say. Bill Clinton did more for peace then Obama and he did not even get to win.

Seraph

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 9:04 am
willow wrote:
SarahO. wrote:
They deserved it more then him I have to say. Bill Clinton did more for peace then Obama and he did not even get to win.
Bill clinton was white.

chaylizi

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 9:06 am
Seraph wrote:
willow wrote:
SarahO. wrote:
Bill clinton was white.

That might matter in the US, but not nearly as much in Europe. Many Europeans are plenty racist.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 9:07 am
Oh Pleeeease! Al Gore won it for making a movie about GLOBAL WARMING.

My FB friend just posted this as his status:
Just announced that Obama has won the American League Batting Title, the Master's Open, three Pulitzers, an Oscar, a Tony and racing's Triple Crown.

Rolling Laughter

Last edited by btMOMtoFFBs on Fri, Oct 09 2009, 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 9:13 am
Surely this has to be a joke. shock

willow

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 9:17 am
I went on some pretty extreme liberal sites and the posters there are also in disbelief. I read the original CNN article. Basically he was President no more then 10 days after being inaugurated, and got nominated in the hope of what he would (future tense) do.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 9:42 am
Me to DH: "Oh, it says here Obama is getting the Nobel peace prize. Proof the world is going to **** in a handbasket"
DH (he's smarter - and this is after he stopped laughing and checked that I am not pulling his leg and that it's not April Fools day): "Arafat got it - why is this any stranger".
Ya gotta agree.

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 9:44 am
Yeah, even on my liberal "Obama' love fest email list, people are going wh??? Including the woman who thinks Republican's are all eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil racists.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 9:56 am
News Flash:

This Just In from the Nobel Prize Award Committee:
It was mistakenly reported that Mr. Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. He was actually award the Nobel Putz Prize. The Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to Mr. Achmadinejad this year.

Raisin

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 10:09 am
chaylizi wrote:
Seraph wrote:
willow wrote:
SarahO. wrote:
Bill clinton was white.

That might matter in the US, but not nearly as much in Europe. Many Europeans are plenty racist.

that is pretty unfair to accuse scandinavia of being racist. Denmark was one of only 2 countries to save the Jews during the Holocaust, and Sweden took the jews in. Far more then the USA ever did!

Scandinavians are known for being very liberal.

As for Obama getting the prize, I agree it is ridiculous. (even the bbc is shocked) He is only at the beginning of his term, surely we need to see some results first. Unless the Nobel committee are going to announce the Science prize to the inventor of the time machine.

mimivan

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 10:11 am
Raisin wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
Seraph wrote:
willow wrote:
SarahO. wrote:
Bill clinton was white.

that is pretty unfair to accuse scandinavia of being racist. Denmark was one of only 2 countries to save the Jews during the Holocaust, and Sweden took the jews in. Far more then the USA ever did!

Scandinavians are known for being very liberal.

As for Obama getting the prize, I agree it is ridiculous. (even the bbc is shocked) He is only at the beginning of his term, surely we need to see some results first. Unless the Nobel committee are going to announce the Science prize to the inventor of the time machine.

I think the mood very now among many Yidden is decidely against Sweden (the organ harvesting blood libel) and Norway did something anti-Semitic recently but I don't remember what

so maybe nothing is rotten in the State of Denmark right now, but at least in E.Y...there isn't a lot of fondness for Scandanavian countries...and I'm sure it is mutual

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 11:12 am
I think Denmark, not uniquely, has outlawed shechita.

marina

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 1:03 pm
Denmark, in contrast to other European countries, saved almost their entire Jewish population, at great risk to themselves. So they can outlaw shechita as long as they want, for all I care.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 1:14 pm
??? ok. Considering it was one of the first sweeping antisemitic things Nazi Germany did do, I am not so apathetic.

Barbara

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 1:19 pm
Seraph wrote:
willow wrote:
SarahO. wrote:
Bill clinton was white.

It has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with George Bush. Many in the international community despised Bush for his *the US will do what it pleases, no matter what the rest of the world thinks of it* attitude. Obama is more interested in conciliation and in working with other world leaders.

Its rather absurd for a sitting US president to win a peace prize while the country is fighting two wars, but there you go.

chavamom

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 3:23 pm
Yes, one of my friends said today (and this is an Obama supporter) "Obama just won for not being George Bush". I think that's about the size of it.

chavamom

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 3:26 pm
I guess I could go on about all the people that won without doing anything (Gorbachev won before he did anything except introduce the concept of "Glasnost", Kissinger won for....wait for it....Vietnam!!! several years before we declared victory and got outta Dodge). I'd hate to interrupt all the fun you are having though.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Fri, Oct 09 2009, 4:40 pm
George Stephanopolous collected some great jokes about Obama's Nobel Peeve Prize win:

Barack Obama’s Teleprompter: Big Guy says Bill Clinton called and was gracious in defeat; offered to fly Kanye West over 4 the Nobel awards ceremony.

Erick Erickson: Obama is becoming Jimmy Carter faster than Jimmy Carter became Jimmy Carter.

Ana Marie Cox: Apparently Nobel prizes now being awarded to anyone who is not George Bush.

Headline over AP analysis by White House correspondent Jennifer Loven: He Won, But For What?

Kathryn Jean Lopez, National Review: I want to buy the world a coke.

Ezra Klein: Obama also awarded Nobel prize in chemistry. "He's just got great chemistry," says Nobel Committee.

Adam Bromberg, CRC: Nobel Prize Committee must be staffed by out of work comedy writers.

Kristina Hernandez, CRC: It was the Beer Summit that put Obama over the edge.

The Cook County Democratic machine ain't what it used to be. They were supposed to bribe the Olympics Committee.

The committee awarding Obama this prestigious award had a hard time. It almost went to Mickey Mouse for his work with Daffy Duck in bringing talking animals closer together and his vision of a "No Cat" world.

Neither Obama nor Mickey really did anything and Mickey was just an animated cartoon so Obama took home the loot

"Yo, Barack. I'm really happy for you. I'ma let you finish......but Beyonce had one of the best strategic arms treaties of all time."

The committee announced....and once again Joe Wilsom yelled "YOU LIE"???

Miss America was robbed. She was for world peace way before Obama was for it.

...Cut to Obama's speechwriter for the Egypt speech....."dude I just won the Nobel Peace Prize!"

So, will they take it back when Afghanistan and Pakistan fall into chaos because he will not send more troops? Or, will they take it back when Iran nukes Isreal? Wait, the Europeans that vote for this may award him another one for that!

Was he, like, the tenth caller or something?

The Nobel Peace Prize - now available in select cereal and Cracker Jack boxes. While supplies last!

Joke is on Nobel committee: First thing I do after win peacing prize is bomb the moon. Very niiice!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics