Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Vaccines, colds and sleepiness

intel

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 10:15 am
My 4-month-old has a cold for 3-4 days now and also had 2 shots yesterday. she is up a lot at night but only for a few minutes at a time. she is sleeping a lot more then usual (woke up this morning around 7/7:30, went to sleep from ~7:45 and woke 11:15 and fell asleep again about 1:15. she usually only has 2-3 naps a day of 3-4 hours in total and sleeps 12 hours at night. is this normal? while she is up, she is a little more subdued than normal but smiles and pretty okay.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 10:37 am
It is normal to sleep more after vaccines.
It is normal to sleep more when sick.
It is not normal to give vaccines when a child is already sick Sad

intel

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 12:10 pm
the doc checked her first and said that she is just congested. they are a very cautious office.

drumjj

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 12:13 pm
in the uk they also give shots to babies who have colds they only dont if they have a temperature. I think its normal. my baby has a cold and is not sleeping properly or eating bec she is so blocked up. at least urs is sleeping a bit.

intel

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 12:18 pm
at night she's having a hard time. I put her in an upright position to sleep, not her normal crib. during the day I put her flat because she's not as bad. she does have a very wet cough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics