Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
STINK BUGS!!!! Anyone else? Solutions please.......
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 10:19 pm
Miri1 wrote:
Guess what I found perched on my shaitel head this morning?

Just thankful it didn't end up in my sheitel, and on my head!

shock Aaaaaaaagh!

Great, now in addition to having to shake out my shoes every morning, I have to worry about my sheitel too? Bugs from head to toe! Mad

ayiddishemama

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 11:38 pm
I have the same issue. On a warm day like today I start noticing them everywhere. I used an exterminator back in oct but it didn't do much I still always notice them and they are driving me insane!!!
I live in monsey. Where do you guys live? Just wondering where these guys are mostly.

MommytoB

Post Mon, Jan 13 2014, 11:43 pm
They come inside to keep warm over winter. On warm winter days they tend to be more active and seek light. They come in through any little crack, chimney etc. exterminators have most success if they use treatments in fall before they enter house. Once they enter there is not too much they can do. Some use a special light on the highest floor of the house with some sort of collection dish that has a solution that kills the bugs. So they are attracted to the light and die...

As far as what you can do...we always trap and flush them. Don't send them outside, they can just get back in! And they are a very invasive non-native species. No need to keep them around. They can stink if you crush them but also if they get scared.

The good news is that in the winter they are slow, slow slow and will most likely hop right into a plastic cup with a little push from a newspaper. Towards spring time their metabolism speeds up and they start to move faster and fly. That's a more challenging time to trap them. They like to "dive bomb" and you can usually here them buzz around while flying and than they plop as they land. They are most dazed when they land and that's the best time to get them.

When they release their smell they also attract all their little buddies. We had one pot last year that in one ninth had four or five. It was disgusting. Flush and if you smell, bleach or Clorox!

The Happy Wife

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 5:55 am
I know there is a reason for each and every creature but why, oh WHY did Hashem create these?? Sad

ruti13

Post Tue, Jan 21 2014, 7:31 pm
Our cat tortures and then usually eats them... she at least is keeping them at bay!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry