Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Drank Mexican Pepsi by mistake :(

amother

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 3:28 pm
I thought since Mexican Coke is okay, Pepsi is. But it isn't. Sad How do they process the soda that makes it not kosher (the ingredients seem fine)?

Soul on fire

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 3:59 pm
Maybe they just don't have any overseers and they process other things at the pepsi plant. No clue. American pepsi on has a K right?

syrima

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 4:05 pm
It's not the ingredients, it's what else they might have bottled at the same plant. You probably did not ingest anything treif in actuality, though.

tigerwife

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 4:17 pm
I made that mistake with Pringles in a foreign country... It was on the kosher list, but when I checked later it specified that it was NOT kosher! I didn't realize the list included kosher and non-kosher items! Sad

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 8:11 pm
tigerwife wrote:
I made that mistake with Pringles in a foreign country... It was on the kosher list, but when I checked later it specified that it was NOT kosher! I didn't realize the list included kosher and non-kosher items! Sad

There are many products that are non-kosher in most supermarkets, but you can get special kosher production (often imported from Israel or made for export to Israel) ONLY at kosher shops. Pringles, Philadelphia cream cheese, Haribo, Mentos fall into the category here, to name a few.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen