Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Ta

penguin

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 6:37 pm
Have you read this? Enjoyed it?

The last two books I ordered on Amazon turned out to be 50 page pamphlets, so I am now wary of ordering a book until I hear it's worth $9. And going to the library doesn't work so well for me....

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 10:16 pm
I loved it!! I read it right when it came out. I thought it was a fascinating read on the cultural aspect of how we view socializing and also, as an introvert, really really validating. I thought their was a lot of research presented in a very readable way although the conclusions can't really be considered purely scientific.

smss

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 10:24 pm
Hard to say without knowing you. I read it and liked it, but wouldn't BUY it. I could see that someone else might, though!

Zehava

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 10:30 pm
I'm reading it on iBooks now and kinda like it. It's validating but a bit boring for me to read until the end. But that might just be my short attention span, the result of being in this generation.

oohlala

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 8:55 am
I also really liked it...it was very validating for me as well.
Enjoy!

chani8

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 9:08 am
Didn't read it but I've got support for my introversion online, so I'm good. Most of my kids are introverts, too, so we support each other.

Zehava

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 9:15 am
That's what bugs me. Why the heck do you need support for your introversion? That's like needing support for being a woman. Half the world is introverted.

chani8

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 9:22 am
I need support for being a woman, too.

chani8

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 9:25 am
Complain to the judgemental people. The world is built for extroverts. Introverts suffer unless they are strong enough to just.say.no.

I've learned to say no to groups things. It does get me in trouble. With work, with kids' school stuff. And when I push myself to do extroverted stuff, I lose the rest of the day. Even talking on the phone wears me out.

rowo

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 9:27 am
Loved it!
It's not like needing support for being a woman.
You can clearly see that 1/2 the worlds population is female.
I feel very outnumbered as an introvert. Because of cultural norms and expectations many people mask their introversion.

chani8

Post Mon, Aug 24 2015, 9:34 am
My daughter's wedding was 50 people but we should've invited well over 100 if we were extroverted. We just kept reassuring each other that it's ok to be introverted and keep it small.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room