Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Do I need to return it?

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 10:18 am
I ordered an item online from Target.

They finally shipped it to me and in the box there were two of the same item.

I only purchased and paid for one.

Do I need to ship back the second one?

happyfaces

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 10:29 am
If you want to make a kuddush hashem then yes.

Simple1

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 10:36 am
Whatever you decide, you should not be returning it at at your own expense, as it was their mistake. If they want it back, they should give you a free return label.

kb

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 10:47 am
I once got an item I didn't order from Childrens Place. I contacted them, and they told me that they wouldn't be able to process the return because there's no record of it leaving the warehouse, and that I should keep it and either use it myself or donate it to charity.

Kiddush Hashem... not necessarily, if she'll be shipping it back.

I would guess that if you send it back you'll end up getting a refund. Big companies can't handle little mistakes.

But it doesn't hurt to email them and ask.

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 11:01 am
I would say to call them about it. I dont think you need to ship it back at your own cost, but if they will provide you a shipping label then do return it

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 11:24 am
kb wrote:
I once got an item I didn't order from Childrens Place. I contacted them, and they told me that they wouldn't be able to process the return because there's no record of it leaving the warehouse, and that I should keep it and either use it myself or donate it to charity.

Kiddush Hashem... not necessarily, if she'll be shipping it back.

I would guess that if you send it back you'll end up getting a refund. Big companies can't handle little mistakes.

But it doesn't hurt to email them and ask.

I had a similar issue with target and in the end they took the item back and gave me a gift card for a return without the receipt. When I said I didn't pay for it the cashier said if they take it back there has to be a record of it so either I keep it or take the gift card. It was a lower end item, less than $10. She said just take the gift card and buy yourself something.
That was after talking to 3 different people. So I just took the gift card.

Amarante

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 11:40 am
I would contact them and do whatever they ask although as posted I would not pay for shipping and I might even be a little upset if I had to schlep with a package to the Post Office.

If the item is relatively cheap, I might consider doing nothing because by the time they process the return and pay for shipping and restocking, they probably will have lost money if the item is cheap. So depends. I wouldn't want to personally profit from their mistake so I might donate.

Unfortunately sometimes it is such a hassle to deal with the customer service people that its one more item on my endless to do list

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 12:32 pm
Thanks everyone for responding.

I called Target and they told me to keep it or donate and in addition the gave me a 10% discount off my whole order.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics