Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
When you can't be a SAHM anymore

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 5:33 pm
How do you make it work, financially? We need a second income but if I work, then we also need to cover childcare costs. I'm not sure if that's even possible. I'd like to hear from other women who have managed this situation before (or are doing it now). What kind of work do you do? Do you work full- or part-time? Any advice is welcome, or suggestions about how to work from home or other types of work I haven't thought of yet. Thanks.

mirror

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 5:36 pm
This is why teaching is such a popular field.

SRS

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 6:16 pm
Can you work around your husband's schedule? Or find a job where you can work from home?

MuppetLover

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 6:22 pm
I am a shul secretary and I work in the morning...I sometimes have to work from home to catch up on things or to get ahead. As of now my youngest is 5 and in school full day, so this works for me and I started 2 years ago when he was in playgroup.

cm

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 6:29 pm
At times I have had part-time jobs that were only during school hours. As the kid(s) get bigger, the school day gets longer, so mom's schedule can grow as well.

Dh and I have staggered work schedules, so between us we can handle both early-morning and afternoon-evening parenting tasks.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 8:35 pm
self employed, work at home. Now that my twins (my only 2) are in school full day (they're 9), I work outside the home here and there just because I want to. I still do my own stuff in the evening but if someone needs me for something from 11 to 1, or 12 to 2 or something I can make myself available and diversify myself while ignoring my housework. I'm in skin care/ cosmetics sales, social media, and most recently helping a friend with her home daycare for a 2 hour shift here and there just because she needs the help and I really miss having babies.

mha3484

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 9:01 pm
DH is self emoyed and works at home. I have one child in school until 2 and a young toddler at home. He works in the mornings, evenings and Sunday's.

nicole81

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 9:12 pm
I'm an assistant principal now, but when my first 2 were babies I went to school at night and on weekends while their dad could watch them and quickly finished up a degree that allowed me to teach full time in the public schools by the time my youngest was a bit over one. The salary covered childcare just fine and by the time she was 1.5 she went to playgroup which was a lot cheaper. Of course it was tight at the time, and even while I was working I had to pursue a masters in the evenings over a few years, but it was the start of a great career path which led me to where I am today BH.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics