Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Soap dispenser, yay or nay?
Previous  1  2

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 1:21 pm
I have one and love it. My only problem is that I have no idea when refilling it how much to put in and ends up overflowing. Anybody care to enlighten me? Going anon coz I'm embarrassed.

Elizabeth W

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 1:36 pm
Yup I've got 1 by dairy sink & 1 by meat sink - use them all the time for palmolive (which in my house we use for our hands also) & it makes the kitchen look much neater definitely! 100%!! Very Happy Very Happy

Elizabeth W

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 1:38 pm
mine refill from top - take the top part out, fill up & put back on - very happy!

Elizabeth W

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 1:38 pm
mine refill from top - take the top part out, fill up & put back on - very happy!

perquacky

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 1:40 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
You will will wash more dishes by hand than you think. Here's something to go with your soap dispenser, an automatic soap refiller:
https://www.amazon.com/Never-M.....SV7SE

Genius! I buy giant detergent bottles from Costco, so leaving them on the counter is not an option. And refilling the dispenser is a royal pain in my you-know-what. I love this!

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 4:06 pm
I did not put one in because I have a sprayer on one side of the faucet and a water filter spout on the other. I didn't want to make more holes in the granite countertop around my sink.

Besides, I don't keep soap on the counter. I keep it under the sink near the dishes rack. When I wash dishes, I take out the rack and the soap. When I finish washing, I put the soap back under the sink. Not a big deal at all.

I'd find refilling the dispensers a bigger deal. And not knowing how much is still left... if it uses up in middle of washing dishes then you have to stop washing dishes in order to refill the dispenser, that's a much bigger deal for me than putting the soap back under the sink.

serene

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 1:14 pm
I've been using soap dispensers for years. MUCH neater than bottles!
My plumber gave me a great idea. Use a funnel to refill from the top. No mess. No waste.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 1:45 pm
serene wrote:
I've been using soap dispensers for years. MUCH neater than bottles!
My plumber gave me a great idea. Use a funnel to refill from the top. No mess. No waste.

Mine came with a funnel.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 3:15 pm
Why is it so hard to refill? I pull the pump off and squeeze the soap in, keeping it centered to avoid spills. put back the top piece and that's it.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 4:43 pm
But how do you know when you've squeezed enough? I always put too much and then when I put pump in it all comes
Spilling out from the top and spills around the sides?!!!

serene

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 4:55 pm
Fill funnel and after funnel is empty, you lift funnel and look inside. Keep doing that until you see soap level rising. You can insert a finger to check if you can't see.

cozyblanket

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 5:27 pm
Mine doesn't work anymore.
I like the look, but I still need bottles of soap out!

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 5:50 pm
I find mine more trouble than it's worth so I never fill it.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 6:13 pm
My mother had it installed when she did her kitchen 32 yrs ago and again when she did her kitchen 10 yrs ago. She doesn't manage without it. I on the other hand prefer otherwise

serene

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 9:37 pm
Each to his/her own.
No right or wrong. Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics