Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What is the mitzvahs of Hashemi? Stopping corona?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 2:22 pm
Sorry to sound silly but just read this following post on another thread and dont know what mitzvahs of Hashemi is? How would this stop a frum person getting corona?

[b]
Any one heard someone frum with this Corona virus hv ? Impossible if keeping all mitzvahs of Hashemi.
[b]

Elfrida

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 4:11 pm
Could be a typo and she meant to say Hashem?

I haven't read the other thread, but maybe she meant that the zchut of observing mitzvot would protect from the virus?

This is not scientifically or even spiritually valid. Even Gedolim become ill.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 5:05 pm
Nobody keeps every single mitzva perfectly, not even the biggest gedolim ever. We are not angels.

"Our job is not to complete the task, our job is to begin it." (loose translation, Rabbi Tarfon, Pirke Avot 2:21)

Elfrida

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 5:11 pm
Keeping mitzvot increases our zchuyot. We don't know how those zchuyot will be applied, whether it would be to save us from covid-19, or to give us a mild dose of covid-19 instead of a broken leg. Or whatever.

Nor is this the reason we observe mitzvot to the best of our ability.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 11:02 pm
Many years ago. My husband came with me to a pediatrician appointment. The doctor offered to give him a flu shot. My husband answered no thanks I wear tefillin every morning that's my flu shot. (Out pediatrician at the time was a traditional Jew and we saw he was moving to more observance so he appreciated having those kinds of conversations)

A week later my husband had a bit of a emunah breakdown and for the first time since becoming a BT he deliberately did not do tefillin. The very next day he was sick as could be. It wasn't the flu but 104 fever for two weeks straight. Some ladies here might say it's a coincidence. Or that tefillin isnt a direct correlation or whatever. Every neshama experiences things differently. And my husband is a neshama that had an immediate physical reaction to being deprived of that mitzvah.

Our mitzvot are our shmirah. We try our best to do them to our current abilities and hope that we give HKBH nachat and have the zechut to enjoy his world and serve with good health and menuchat hanefesh.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 2:54 pm
Well the newest person in NY who's sick supposedly has kids in SAR

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 3:15 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Well the newest person in NY who's sick supposedly has kids in SAR

And is frum.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 3:29 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Many years ago. My husband came with me to a pediatrician appointment. The doctor offered to give him a flu shot. My husband answered no thanks I wear tefillin every morning that's my flu shot. (Out pediatrician at the time was a traditional Jew and we saw he was moving to more observance so he appreciated having those kinds of conversations)

A week later my husband had a bit of a emunah breakdown and for the first time since becoming a BT he deliberately did not do tefillin. The very next day he was sick as could be. It wasn't the flu but 104 fever for two weeks straight. Some ladies here might say it's a coincidence. Or that tefillin isnt a direct correlation or whatever. Every neshama experiences things differently. And my husband is a neshama that had an immediate physical reaction to being deprived of that mitzvah.

Our mitzvot are our shmirah. We try our best to do them to our current abilities and hope that we give HKBH nachat and have the zechut to enjoy his world and serve with good health and menuchat hanefesh.

Not getting a flu shot because he wears tefilin? That is completely the wrong attitude.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 3:36 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Not getting a flu shot because he wears tefilin? That is completely the wrong attitude.

Yeah well just imagine what the doctor told him...

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 6:02 pm
he also has a son a YU
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics