Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Posting Mazal Tovs

amother

Post Tue, Sep 27 2005, 4:23 pm
I hope that noone takes this the wrong way:
We all enjoy using IMAMOTHER, ie, sharing ideas, news, views etc... However, some of us are more revealing about ourselves than others. If a member does not share the news of her pregnancy - please do not announce the birth of her baby!! There may be a reason that she did not publicize her pregnancy on the website.
If a member has already mentioned her pregnancy - since we are all waiting to hear the good news - it would be appropriate to announce the Mazal Tov.
Thanking you all in advance for your understanding.
Very Happy

hardwrknmom

Post Tue, Sep 27 2005, 4:26 pm
I absolutely agree.

miriam

Post Tue, Sep 27 2005, 5:01 pm
Did someone post that you had a baby?

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Sep 27 2005, 6:11 pm
I agree, unless of course the person who posts it knows the person who had the baby and has permission to post it.
I'm sure that there can be more then one reason for not announcing a pregnancy.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 9:59 am
miriam wrote:
Did someone post that you had a baby?

No - noone posted anything about me - but I noticed that someone posted a Mazal Tov for someone that did not even mention her pregnancy at all on the forum and I would not want that to happen to me because I do not usually post personal information.

miriam

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 4:36 pm
I posted a mazel tov on a member that had a baby only after I asked her permission. I really hope the women on this site would use common sense and NEVER post anything about another member without discussing it with them first.
I am glad to hear that nothing was posted about you.

Rochel Leah

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 6:17 pm
It could be that a mazal tov I posted not everyone knew but she did mention in few posts she was expecting...so I hope it wasn't me who offended anyone.

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 6:37 pm
I posted a mazel tov but I also didn't post it until the person said she would like it posted. Just because a woman didn't mention that she was pregnant doesn't mean she doesn't want it posted that she was had a baby. I have a feeling, people have more common sense then to post private things about another person without asking their permission first....or do they...hmmmmm
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics