Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Short story Ami-Living Construction

GLUE

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 10:58 am
I was reading a story in the Ami-Living about a women who had someone build a house next door to her and some of the problems with it.
1-After the digging started her foundation cracked and flooded the basement. The person who looked at it said it's properly from the digging, tell them to cover the site with a tarp and your basement would not flood. They said it's not our problem it's your garbage foundation.
2-She found them using her electricity without permission, when asked them to pay for the use, they said no
3-They did not want to pay to empty the dumpster so often so a lot of the garbage ended up on there lawn when they asked them to please keep the site clean so there yard is not a garbage dump, they said no.

The next week there neighbor wrote a letter to explain there actions,
1-If you had a stronger foundation it would not have cracked, why is it our problem? Do you think we can run there every time it rains to put some tarp over it.
2-Whats a few $$ between neighbors?
3-All construction sites need a dumpster live with the mess.

I was very taken back by the people who are buildings additude, hear is my option to her.
1-Digging is known to cause problems with neighbors property, you can also have the workers put the tarp down before they leave every day.
2-You did not ask permission to use the electricity, you are not a neighbor yet and if it's only a few $$ why don't you want to pay?
3-Yes all construction sites need dumpsters, yet I have seen many construction sites that are not garbage dumps. Her issue was your mess was in her yard not that it was in yours.

What do you think of the one doing construction? Is she wrong or not?

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 11:15 am
I feel a story like this really needs both sides. It was very emotionally charged, it's hard to know what really went on. If they would state the facts in more detail & less yelling I think we would get a better picture.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 11:37 am
Sadly some people are not considerate of other people.

tweety1

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 2:34 pm
Sadly, very sadly the true colors of people really come out when doing construction. I've seen it more than once. People don't care about others. "It's my project, my money " attitude even if it means building onto another person's property.
A good friend of mine is building now a big project. The next door neighbor came to her with a contract from a lawyer outlining every tiny issue there might be. Her dh first didn't want to sign it. The neighbor threatened to go the DOB if they don't sign it. Her husband signed it. A few months later in the neighnors wall started to fall apart. - it was an attached house that they detached. My friends husband per the contract had to pay to have the wall fixed.

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 2:39 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Sadly, very sadly the true colors of people really come out when doing construction. I've seen it more than once. People don't care about others. "It's my project, my money " attitude even if it means building onto another person's property.
A good friend of mine is building now a big project. The next door neighbor came to her with a contract from a lawyer outlining every tiny issue there might be. Her dh first didn't want to sign it. The neighbor threatened to go the DOB if they don't sign it. Her husband signed it. A few months later in the neighnors wall started to fall apart. - it was an attached house that they detached. My friends husband per the contract had to pay to have the wall fixed.

Youre contradicting yourself
If they detached it they should pay for the damage to the wall

bsy

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 4:33 pm
tweety1 wrote:

But why shouldn't they pay for the wall they damaged with their construction?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room