Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
What time do YOU eat supper?
Previous  1  2

What time do you eat supper?
5-6  
 28%  [ 48 ]
6-7  
 26%  [ 44 ]
7-8  
 17%  [ 29 ]
8-9  
 11%  [ 19 ]
Later than 9  
 3%  [ 6 ]
Every night different  
 12%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 167

amother
Cinnamon

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:31 am
amother Phlox wrote:
This sounds exhausting. Are you just got setting and clearing the table all night? Heating and reheating food?

The kids eat first dinner at the kiddie table and then bring those plates to the big table for second dinner.

Once or twice a week is crockpot dinner so there's no reheating- I just scoop out for the kids and then turn it to warm for second dinner.
The other nights I prepare 2 pans in the morning and bake one as soon as I get home (or sometimes even in the morning) and the other closer to second dinner. I tend to do quick bake things like burgers and fries, london broil, precooked meat lasanga, frozen falafel with all the toppings. (yes , we're dairy free here)

It's way easier for me than to start figuring out snacks when I get home. You gotta get into a system that works for you.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 12:32 am
Seems I'm the only one who eats before 5. My second shift walks in at 4.35 and me and my kids sit down as soon as coats are off. I eat with them cuz it's been a while since my lunch at 12.30 and I'm a better mother when I'm well-fed!
Dh comes home about 7 and I serve him then.
If I'm hungry later on, I take some cookies TMI or a fruit.

amother
Hyssop

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 12:38 am
I eat with the kids at 5.

Dh comes home late. Often 10 pm.

amother
Garnet

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 12:53 am
How do you prepare food to be ready at 6 if you get home at 4pm???

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 1:07 am
So sweet that so many people eat as an entire family with both paremts present. I grew up sitting around eating with my sibs, but informally, with maybe my mom sitting with us. Now my kids are little so we have 2 shifts, but can't imagine DH agreeing to a formal sit down dinner with eveyone

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 1:58 am
Pre supper here (EST)

Brit in Israel

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 2:20 am
So interesting that so many eat dinner so early. Are you not all hungry at 9 already? I would snack away in the evening if I ate so early.

My kids have their main meal in tzaharon from school.
I eat lunch at 2ish after my morning shift but won't eat meaty as I need my coffee and don't like alternative milks unless I have no other choice. DH will usually get a main meal from his kollel but not always.

Kids eat dinner at 5.15 ish usually pasta or bread and yogurt or tival sausage /schnitzel.
DH and I try to eat main meal at 8 sometimes it's a bit later.

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 2:28 am
I eat at 5 with the kids, then have something else (either more supper or a snack) later. Husband is the only one who eats later, around 7.30.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 6:59 am
amother Garnet wrote:
How do you prepare food to be ready at 6 if you get home at 4pm???

Simple dinners or do most of the work in the morning.
If I make chicken legs, it's in the crockpot from the morning
Some foods like lasanga I cook it ahead And pop it into the oven frozen in the morning to defrost and set the oven to turn on to heat it 3:30.
Hamburgers, shnitzel bites, London broil, all cook in under 20 minutes.

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:32 am
amother Blueberry wrote:
So sweet that so many people eat as an entire family with both paremts present. I grew up sitting around eating with my sibs, but informally, with maybe my mom sitting with us. Now my kids are little so we have 2 shifts, but can't imagine DH agreeing to a formal sit down dinner with eveyone

Why?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics