Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
3 weeks in to Aliyah, miserable
Previous  1  2

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, Oct 01 2023, 3:21 pm
Please post your street and your kids ages so we rbs women can help you

wigboutique

Post Sun, Oct 01 2023, 3:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for all of these empathetic responses and practical advice.
I guess I was too overwhelmed to even respond at the time they were no posted.
I’m terribly shy irl so not sure I can pm anyone. That’s probably part of why we haven’t met anyone. I feel like it was supposed to happen organically and I’m the reason why it hasn’t.
We moved to RBS, I’m sure there are kids near by but on our small cul de sac there are none.

Hi! People in RBS are really amazing, please don’t feel scared to reach out. Also keep in mind it really is an adjustment period. Moving in itself is huge stress.
I moved about 5 years ago and am really happy now. I also recommend to join the RBS Facebook group. There is also a group where people give away furniture and kids stuff books etc for free. Things will get better! Please feel free to PM, don’t feel shy! Sending hugs

ora_43

Post Sun, Oct 01 2023, 3:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for all of these empathetic responses and practical advice.
I guess I was too overwhelmed to even respond at the time they were no posted.
I’m terribly shy irl so not sure I can pm anyone. That’s probably part of why we haven’t met anyone. I feel like it was supposed to happen organically and I’m the reason why it hasn’t.
We moved to RBS, I’m sure there are kids near by but on our small cul de sac there are none.

It's really hard!

I think weirdly it can be harder to meet people in the bigger communities. There are so many faces around that people don't necessarily notice a newcomer, especially during a busy time like now. You didn't do anything wrong it's just hard.

But please do reach out to someone, here or local, people really genuinely would like to meet you and to help if they can.

And either way you will meet people eventually. Through your kids' schools, or at the park, or at work, etc. It just might take a little longer.

ProudMommie

Post Sun, Oct 01 2023, 3:59 pm
Dear op, I am in rbs alef. Please reach out anytime. [phone number removed]. I remember this time 10 years ago...it is so so hard...I know. I think we all go thru it... It will get better soon!!...

[So sorry, phone number removed because this is the internet. Please pm this poster if you'd like to contact her. - mod]

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Oct 01 2023, 4:33 pm
I'd love to make new friends or invite you for a meal if you live nearby!

ray family

Post Sun, Oct 01 2023, 6:49 pm
There are a few cul de sacs I’m RBS A if that’s where you are.
If you venture even a block off there are so many parks!!
Also YT it an extremely hard time to meet new people.
Try to just make it through.
Once things go back to normal, the park is your best place for meeting new people.
If you’re an introvert it might be a drop harder. Just keep on pushing at it.
Maybe also go to shul to meet some people- especially on simchas Torah

amother
Black

Post Sun, Oct 01 2023, 8:37 pm
So sorry op!
Hope things improve very fast for you and your family!

daughterofgod

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 2:52 pm
Hey OP
How are you doing?
I've been thinking about you. I hope things are better for you now.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 2:13 am
Hello,
There are English speaking (American European etc.) Israeli's all over the country. In the afternoon many parks are filled with families. Most people in Israel speak English as well.
I met many English speakers who I thought were Israeli but when I asked if they understood English they told me which country they made Aliyah from.
Know that you are not alone, there are so many of us out here looking forward to meeting you and helping you adjust in Hashem's palace!

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 7:46 am
amother OP wrote:
So we came to start our new lives a few weeks ago. I came with low expectations and knew it would be hard.
It’s too hard.
My kids are usually placid and easy going for the most part. It’s been weeks of tantrums, throwing furniture, and my youngest (4) being physically assaultive.

We moved to a city full of kids and a block with zero kids. No new friends, no neighborhood whatsapp group, no invitations to schmooze to get to know people.

So so miserable

Sounds intense.
Were your kids on board before?
Can you distract them by taking them to see the special places that make living in Israel unique to us Jews.
Do your kids have connection with their old friends - whatsapp, facetime etc?
If the home your in doesnt serve your needs, can you move?
so sorry this is so hard for you.

hugsfromhashem

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 8:55 am
amother OP wrote:
So we came to start our new lives a few weeks ago. I came with low expectations and knew it would be hard.
It’s too hard.
My kids are usually placid and easy going for the most part. It’s been weeks of tantrums, throwing furniture, and my youngest (4) being physically assaultive.

We moved to a city full of kids and a block with zero kids. No new friends, no neighborhood whatsapp group, no invitations to schmooze to get to know people.

So so miserable

OP, how is it going now?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions