Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
I'm horrified- no carseat. Wwyd?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 1:21 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
In your OP you wrote:

"no car seat (baby about a year) and probably not strapped"

Something is fishy here.

Not fishy
There were two babys close in age. One was just stuck into the car while the other was strapped in then parent went around and closed the car door with the first child and drove away

Left out some details intentionally. It doesnt make a difference to the story that a child was not strapped. (no carseats for either of them)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 1:22 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
Op are you sure you had full view of what transpired? Unless you know 100% I would for sure keep quiet. We moms deal with enough judgement we don't need more. Last thing I need is my neighbor policing my parenting.

I'm very pro car seat education etc so I'm not condoning but I've been a parent long enough to be humbled by life & its unexpected twists & turns.

Yes I did

amother
Chicory

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 1:41 pm
I agree that it's not responsible.

However, when you aren't fully transparent and add details here and there, it makes it harder to believe what you are saying is true.

amother
Chicory

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 1:42 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
One thing comes to mind is at one point some cars were sold with a built in car seat aka the seat pulled down like a cup holder thing with baby sized seatbelt.

If that's the case than it was perfectly safe and OP should MHOB.

writinggirl

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 1:59 pm
amother Plum wrote:
Did you ask a Rav about reporting it or not?
You didn't say that you did.
The thought of taking down a random person's information without them knowing, just rubs me the wrong way.

The fact that you are more concerned about calling a Rav or taking down someone’s information than about a newborn baby’s life is horrifying to me.

amother
Begonia

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 2:20 pm
I'm a playgroup morah for younger 2's.
I occasionally over the years saw someone (usually the same few parents) put kid in without strapping kids in car seats.
I make it a point to ignore it.
Yes it's dangerous.
Every parent in 2024 knows that. Youre not telling them anything they dont know!
For my own sanity I do not educate supposedly responsible adults.
It's their kids, if they strap them in to please me in front of me,it won't change how well this kid is taken care of!
they're still taking care of the kid the rest of the day.... week, month, years!!!

teachkids

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 2:38 pm
I sometimes belt my kid who sits in the middle seat from inside the car instead of reaching over, but if there was no carseat "hey, I noticed you have 2 littles and are short a carseat, I have a sparw you can borrow if you need"

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 3:18 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
I agree that it's not responsible.

However, when you aren't fully transparent and add details here and there, it makes it harder to believe what you are saying is true.

It's true
Why would I make up stories?
Story didn't change baby was put into a car with no car seat and not buckled in and I'm concerned

Persevere

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 3:47 pm
In my state it is actually illegal.
I would offer them a car seat. If they said no, I would say Are you sure? One hundred percent? I really don't mind, I'll even buckle your baby in for you if you want?
If they don't accept I would give them a sad smile and say OK. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 3:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's true
Why would I make up stories?
Story didn't change baby was put into a car with no car seat and not buckled in and I'm concerned

Why did someone hug my post?

amother
Heather

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 3:58 pm
It’s truly horrifying that so many will see vulnerable children in dangerous positions and look away. I have educated many about car seats when I’ve seen problems. Every single one of them did not know it was dangerous and all of them fixed the issue. So since people are actually receptive when you do it kindly it is 100% on all of you to open your mouths. If the baby is killed in an accident you are all complicit.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 12:20 pm
I would say something.

BTW in case it was me you saw putting my 'baby' in the back seat with no carseat last week, that was a realistic baby doll (google 'reborn') that I use for work. I usually have a carseat to avoid such misunderstandings, but occasionally I don't have one at hand and then I quickly put the doll in the back seat and hope no one noticed.

That being said, I'm horrified at the thought of a baby or child not being properly strapped in. This is literally a matter of life or death. Of course I'd say something.

amother
Celeste

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 4:01 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
Taxis in the USA will probably not allow a passenger to ride with an infant in their lap.

Interesting. I've been in many taxis in both Israel and UK and was it was never an issue.

I would obviously never put a baby/toddler on their own in the back like this scenario. But on my lap in a taxi, yes.

seeker

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:06 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
I would say something.

BTW in case it was me you saw putting my 'baby' in the back seat with no carseat last week, that was a realistic baby doll (google 'reborn') that I use for work. I usually have a carseat to avoid such misunderstandings, but occasionally I don't have one at hand and then I quickly put the doll in the back seat and hope no one noticed.

That being said, I'm horrified at the thought of a baby or child not being properly strapped in. This is literally a matter of life or death. Of course I'd say something.

I don't know if this is real or hypothetical (wouldn't it be easier for you to keep the doll in a tote bag rather than a carseat?) But for DLKZ this must win a prize.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 8:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
If you notice someone putting their baby in the car and there's no car seat (baby about a year) and probably not strapped in but their being driven 3-5 min away, would you say something

No, it's none of my business.

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 8:23 pm
seeker wrote:
I don't know if this is real or hypothetical (wouldn't it be easier for you to keep the doll in a tote bag rather than a carseat?) But for DLKZ this must win a prize.

I once got pulled over for driving with manequin babies piled up in my back seat.. (but bh we had a good laugh afterwards and now I put my babies in bags 😂)
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette