Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Attn parents of marrieds
Previous  1  2

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:26 pm
As I get older and I see my friends who are unfortunately loosing their parents, come into money, I can't help but think that I would rather give money to my children with a warm hand (ie alive) than after 120. So if there is a way to help a child now in the circumstances that you describe, rather than later, I would prefer to do it now.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:39 pm
Right now we are the marrieds... DH has mental health issues and is unemployed after being employed at a great job (cut backs).
We have asked for help as we literally aren't making it through the month despite me working 40 hours a week at a professional job. I hate having to ask. I hate it. But we have no choice. Caught in lower middle class. Can't get help with anything. All programs have a cut off and we are slightly higher but I can't cut back the way my work is set up to qualify.

I loved it when one set of parents just sent a box of diapers. They have offered to help more, just so overwhelmed I cant think. The other set we have to ask for every thing but they are so generous. We try to be generous back too- with time, energy... so we visit them when we can, call, thank them, send photos...

For me offering specific things would be super helpful. Or if you make a general offer, if you can't do it say "we can't cover all of X but how about Y to help out?"
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics