Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much should I charge?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 3:07 pm
I’m having a hard time finding a good program for my child who will be 2 years old next year.
I’m thinking to keep her home and take another two kids her age and make a program for them. I have some other moms with similar aged children who have shown interest.

I plan to provide snacks and lunch, there will be little activities and we have a safe backyard for when the weather is nice.

I’m not sure how much I should charge.

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 3:09 pm
Where do you live?
What hours are you thinking of?
What days of the week?

amother
Tomato

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 3:11 pm
What hours and how much is worth it for you? I personally would not watch two other children for less than $2k a month ($3k if it’s more than 3-4 hours a day). Which means you would charge $1k per child per month. Remember, you only have to find 2 mothers ok With paying this price. And I think you’ll be able to find two mothers who value a small group enough for this.

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 3:28 pm
To take two kids most probably won’t be worth it income wise unless you don’t care about that. More kids can be worth it but it’s lots of work you need to be prepared for. There’s only so much ppl will pay for an almost 2 year old (rates are usually lower than newborn babysitting where ppl pay more) Good luck!

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 3:48 pm
If only taking 3 kids you can probably charge double the going rate for babysitting groups.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 3:55 pm
I think you could make more $ offering a drop in service for SAHM. Then you can charge per hour. If you're looking for you child to have friends then you can't charge much more than the going rate. If you're in Lakewood it also depends where you live. Yeshiva area is cheaper, further out is more expensive and in general offers longer hours because either the mom is dropping off when she goes to work or the dad which is probably at least half an hour earlier than if he'd be near Yeshiva...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics