Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How old was your DD when you pierced her ears?
1  2  3  4  Next

MeadowsLane

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 2:44 pm
How old was your DD when you pierced her ears?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 2:46 pm
I won't. It will be her choice, if she wants it, when she is old enough for the hashkafic decision.

I did it as an adult. My own mother doesn't have it and is against it.

skymile

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 2:46 pm
my mother pierced my ears when I was 6 weeks old. since that's the norm in my community, I plan on doing the same to my daughters IY"H

cutegal

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 2:49 pm
I just pierced my daughters ears and she is four months old. she cried for 30 seconds and didnt touch them. she looks so cute.

cm

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 2:53 pm
Not done - I didn't want to have it done when she was a baby (very occasionally done in our community, but it's not the norm), and she doesn't show interest now.

My own ears were pierced when I turned 6 - I started asking when I was 4 - but I don't wear earrings at all as an adult, as they make my ears itch. The jeweler who did the procedure typically did not take anyone younger than ten, so IIRC my mother had to sign some kind of waiver.

mommyhood

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 2:55 pm
I pierced them at 4 or 5 months. I felt guilty for the minute that she cried but I was fine as soon as she stopped and I love the way it looks. I got it done when I was older and I always wished I had it as a baby so I didn't have to be dealing with newly pierced ears when most of my friends had theirs pierced long before.

Didi

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 2:57 pm
my oldest I did at 4months (waited for her adjusted age of two months as per doc orders)
My other three girls I did at two months. They cry for a sec and that's it.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 2:58 pm
I will not do it before my DDs are bat mitzva - then we'll see.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 2:58 pm
18 mos. the dr said it was the last chance before she got big enough to understand.

girliemom

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 3:10 pm
all as newborns (3 mos. or younger).

safetynet

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 3:17 pm
2 weeks.. beats it all?

Alef Bais

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 3:29 pm
I did it when my daughter was between 3 and 4 months, after she got her tetanus shot.

slurpy

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 3:33 pm
my daughter was eleven days old. I think that beats it all. Smile my sister was getting married that week and I wanted her to have something girly for the wedding. The pediatrician gave the go ahead and told me it used to be done in the hospitals. So the person piercing her ears came to my house and the baby literally cried for 10 seconds and that was it. we didnt have to deal with her touching her ears and getting infected/pulling them out. it was a very pleasant experience. boys get a bris at 8 days. thats gotta hurt way more!

mom/2

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 3:37 pm
I think my daughter was 5 weeks old when she got her earrings. There's usually no problem with piercing the ears young.

dora

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 3:46 pm
6 weeks, after a few boys I could hardly wait.

2busy

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 3:49 pm
3 weeks

amother

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 4:32 pm
my older daughter I did it when she was 3-big mistake. It kept getting caught on things and I had to repierce (ouch!) one of the ears 3x. Then with my twin girls my mil suggested that we pierce their ears to be able to tell them apart (they looked sooo identical). So we pierced their ears when they were 5 weeks old-the hosp. bracelets didnt fit anymore! It was a great idea and to this day we keep them in different color earrings and this way everyone in the family and friends are able to tell them apart without asking who is she?who is she?...

obagys

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 4:36 pm
My first DD was 8yrs old...second was 7yrs old. My next DD is only 4 now and I'm waiting until she asks like the other 2 did.

Legav

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 4:39 pm
4 weeks

mrt

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 4:54 pm
I dont have any girls yet but I would prob do it as soon as soon as possible!!!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics