Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Your Most Embarasseing moment

blue eyes

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 7:47 pm
what was your most embarressing moment?

I'll start by saying that my most embarassing moment is when I spell something wrong- as I assume I did above with the word "embarassing".

embarrassed

mommy#1

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 9:08 pm
its spelled embarrassing
so there LOL

blue eyes

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 9:17 pm
Oh well!

I was waiting all night for a reply to my post!! and come to think of it- not having anyone answer ur post thats embarrassing!!
LOL Crying LOL :

mommy#1

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 9:25 pm
ok, wanna hear my most embarrassing moment?
I had the mumps right after pesach last year. I was in my first trimester, and I was really good on my diet. with the mumps, I had no appetite, and hadnt eaten a thing besides for what my dh forced me to (good for the baby...)
my sister came by one day, when I wasnt contagious anymore, but was still so sick that I didnt go out. knowing I was on a diet, she brought me diet iced coffee and a muffin. when she left, I opened the bags and saw 3 donuts. I was suddenly soooo in the mood of one, and I fressed it right then. about 10 seconds later, my sister called me that she picked up donuts for her kids for a rosh chodesh treat, and mistakenly left it by me. I had to tell her that I cheated on my diet and gobbled one up within the 2 minutes from when she had left my house embarrassed
of course she kept saying shes so happy at least I ate something...
now its pretty funny, but I was so embarrassed then, especially because she didnt know I was pregnant.

blue eyes

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 9:54 pm
mommy#1 wrote:
ok, wanna hear my most embarrassing moment?
I had the mumps right after pesach last year. I was in my first trimester, and I was really good on my diet. with the mumps, I had no appetite, and hadnt eaten a thing besides for what my dh forced me to (good for the baby...)
my sister came by one day, when I wasnt contagious anymore, but was still so sick that I didnt go out. knowing I was on a diet, she brought me diet iced coffee and a muffin. when she left, I opened the bags and saw 3 donuts. I was suddenly soooo in the mood of one, and I fressed it right then. about 10 seconds later, my sister called me that she picked up donuts for her kids for a rosh chodesh treat, and mistakenly left it by me. I had to tell her that I cheated on my diet and gobbled one up within the 2 minutes from when she had left my house embarrassed
of course she kept saying shes so happy at least I ate something...
now its pretty funny, but I was so embarrassed then, especially because she didnt know I was pregnant.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Thats a good one!! Im actually getting hungry!!

come on girls- lets get this thread moving who else!

yo'ma

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 10:13 pm
Here's quite a few:
one
two

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 10:25 pm
Mine is pretty embarrassing. I still cringe. I went to the bathroom in work, and went back to my desk afterwords. I got up to go to the printer to get something, went to the cooler to get a drink...

All of a sudden I realized that my skirt was tucked into my tights and my whole bottom was showing. And I work in a big company. Pple for sure saw. Sad Sad

crush

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 10:30 pm
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
Mine is pretty embarrassing. I still cringe. I went to the bathroom in work, and went back to my desk afterwords. I got up to go to the printer to get something, went to the cooler to get a drink...

All of a sudden I realized that my skirt was tucked into my tights and my whole bottom was showing. And I work in a big company. Pple for sure saw. Sad Sad

Ooh. That's embarrassing Hug

bubby

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 11:23 pm
I couldn't possibly say. It's too embarrassing. embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

mirror

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 11:35 pm
Deleted.

Last edited by mirror on Sun, Jan 03 2016, 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Eva Apple

Post Tue, Mar 29 2011, 11:54 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
I was once a substitute teacher in a public school. One time I had three classes back-to-back, which means that I couldn't use the bathroom. I also hadn't used the bathroom since I left the house.

That day I had my period, and a small stain formed on my skirt. I didn't notice it, but the students did. One of the students left the room to tell the Dean, and someone had to relieve me so I could take care of the situation. The school nurse gave me a safety pin to fold away the stain.

I went back to my assigned class, but all day long I kept hearing kids shout "Period! Period!" whenever I walked in the hall.
embarrassed
that's embarrassing...

blue eyes

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 12:09 am
bubby wrote:
I couldn't possibly say. It's too embarrassing. embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

come on bubby..................tell us!

Olive

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 9:53 am
my landlord called a plumber for my bathroom sink without notifying us in advance. My bell rings & in walk 2 frum chasidish men. The probelem was greater than expected & they proceeded to unpack my under-sink cabinet with my most personal stuff...... embarrassed embarrassed

Ruchel

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 12:27 pm
Choose your poison!!

Once in middle school I was going down the stairs and suddenly I tripped on nothing and fell flat on the ground. Not too many kids saw, but it was awful.

A near and (not) dear commented loudly in a kosher shop "but Ruchel isn't shomer shabbes!!". At the time, she defined shomer shabbes as not reading chol on shabbes and wearing tights. Nowadays she goes like the average non Jewish woman and openly lives with a guy, so it's my turn to laugh.

A very frum but bad middos acquaintance of DH looked at my from head to toe then asked DH in Italian (hoping I wouldn't understand) "do you have a certificate saying that she is Jewish?"

At my engagement, a drunk friend of DH grabbed me by the waist in public. DH didn't talk to him for more than a year and we didn't have alcohol at our wedding.

A "Marilyn Monroe in the wind" moment on the heart of the Jewish area where I live... in a place where many guys like to hang out at the window. Some even thought they had to give feedback on it. URGH.

TWO similar moments in the Pletzl, during the same hour, at a very crowded time for kosher shopping...

Once I asked a shop bachur to help me carry the stuff to the top of the street (I had bought something heavy). Once arrived there he proposed to carry it a bit further, etc, until we arrived in my building and I realized it was really awkward so I suddenly remembered I had something urgent to do, to send him away. For months after, he was all puppy eyed when he saw me. I still cringe when I think about it.

I had befriended a shop guy and we were discussing his new phone, he took a pic of me to "show me how it works well". I asked him to delete it and he pretended to do it. A few months later he apologized and told me he "had forgotten" to delete it and he lost his phone and the yeshiva dorm ward found it and went through it and asked who I was. embarrassed The horror!!!! I got angry and he said he promised he didn't "show his friends". Grrrr.

Another bad moment with the guy above, once Mati arrived in his shop all happy because usually he gives us candies that are just finished that day (the stuff he can have for free), and he asked her "is your mama there???" and this time my DH was with us. He answered "NO. WHY???". The guy ran away to the back of the shop (still does when he sees DH) and DH was maaaaad.

When I was giving birth, a midwife left the room, telling the other midwife she was sorry but she couldn't handle seeing someone just like her "teen daughter" in such a place...

On the day of birth, I overheard a nurse telling another that "the kid's father is not feeling well due to emotion". I asked what was wrong with my husband, they rolled their eyes and said it was about my FATHER.

A few days after birth, I was still so exhausted I barely ate. I overheard a nurse telling the other that "the kid from room X doesn't eat, I'll bring her caloric supplements". I yelled from my bed "my baby has eaten several times today!! we're NOT supplementing!!" (they had insisted several times that I supplement or bottle feed as I had a bad birth). The nurse entered and said she was talking about ME.

At a meal at a chassidish place (mixed), Mati proceeded to lift up my top asking for "lolo". When I told her no, she decided to pull my skirt down. I couldn't stop her before it reached my thighs shock BH I was wearing a tunic over it.

At my shtark charedi cousin's wedding, Mati decided to get my attention by lifting my skirt and going "tights? tights? tights?" very loudly. Okayyyy...

When we couldn't find an apartment where we wanted, I call to ask if we qualified for a social apartment. When I said my age and that I had a child, the lady asked if I knew who the father was. When I said yes, she asked if I knew where she could send him papers. Gosh...

We were once in a restaurant and a lady enters with her husband. They are sitting at the next table, suddenly she looks at me and cringes, and tells the guy they're taking another table. Later during the meal, she sent the waitress to tell me her husband needs the toilets but he can't pass by me because I am not tsanua so can I put on my coat or whatever? I made a DRAMA. When I confronted her she said it had to be another client, the coward!!!

underthestars

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 4:18 pm
ok- I think my most embarrassing moment was when I asked a neighbor, (I hadn't seen her for a bit) who had been late to deliver a baby, "You still haven't had your baby yet???", and she answered me she had the baby 2 weeks ago-----oops! I guess she didn't lose the weight so fast, but I was soooo embarrassed.

I need to tell one that my DH did- he was in court and a client came in, and with her was a man who appeared much younger, helping her, and my husband said "oh, that's nice that your son came to help you today", and she answered, quite angrily, "that's not my son, that's my husband"!

sushilover

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 5:27 pm
oh my, these are funny!!!

sweet valley girl- I would have died !

This is not my most embarrassing moment, because I'm scared to reveal that one... But this was pretty embarrassing; I put on two different shoes TWICE. The first time was on shabbos and I ate a meal by my parents. That wasn't so bad. The second time was at work. I put on one brown shoe with a point and a bit of a heel, and one rounded black shoe with no heel. I was mortified. And I have no idea how I walked all the way to work without realizing that.

This story happened to my cousin- she was a single girl at the time, and she loved to bake. To keep her hair out of the way, she would borrow one of her mother's snoods while baking.

One day, while baking, the bell rings, she opens the door, and there is a meshulach.

Suddenly, she realized that she was still wearing her mother's snood! She quickly pulled it off, and.... that meshulach went running for his life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

sequoia

Post Wed, Mar 30 2011, 5:32 pm
Ruchel I swear the crazies come to you like a moth to a flame...

Ruchel

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 9:47 am
I am too nice and too accepting. I'm actually in the process of changing this because I've had enough... after years of people telling me I have to LOL

grin

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 10:18 am
Eva Apple wrote:
OPINIONATED wrote:
I was once a substitute teacher in a public school. One time I had three classes back-to-back, which means that I couldn't use the bathroom. I also hadn't used the bathroom since I left the house.

That day I had my period, and a small stain formed on my skirt. I didn't notice it, but the students did. One of the students left the room to tell the Dean, and someone had to relieve me so I could take care of the situation. The school nurse gave me a safety pin to fold away the stain.

I went back to my assigned class, but all day long I kept hearing kids shout "Period! Period!" whenever I walked in the hall.
embarrassed
that's embarrassing...
it could have been twice as embarrassing had they not known about periods yet. Wink

[kol hakavod for having had the nerve to step back into the same classroom! I think I would have gone home "sick".]
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics