Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why cant we all stop fighting!

acccdac

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 9:21 pm
I am one of the amothers on the accountant thread. I started this thread because of the butler thread. Someone on their asked if it was written in a mocking manner.

In real life I am dealing with people in my community insulted because they were purposely left out of a seuda.

THIS is sinas chinam.

I am sick and tired of having everyone in my real life and here in cyber world being so utterly mean!
Why cant people just make their decisions based on what is right and wrong and not how they FEEL.

What's right and wrong, very simple, will my actions hurt someone else? If yes will hurt one and no will hurt another then you follow the rules of importance (learned in kallah classes: self, dh, children, parents, in-laws, everyone else)

I'm not asking anyone to be a doormat in any situation, but just cause someone did something wrong or that you disagree with, doesn't mean you act in a mean fashion towards them.

What is the purpose of hurting, mocking, arguing, judging other than delaying Bais 3.

All I hear is "she didn't do this for me, so why should I do that for her?" or "my dh didn't buy me a gift for my birthday so why should I make him dinner?" and on and on and on.

You do the thing for the lady because if you are able to in every aspect and you HELP someone because it's the right thing to do.

You make your dh dinner because it is the right thing to do.

I listen to kids (mine and yours) all day long making decisions based on how they feel.
Why are we adults making decisions based on how we FEEL.

Miriam told Yocheved and Amram to stay together because it was the RIGHT THING TO DO, even though they didn't FEEL like it. They were afraid (a feeling) of bringing children into the world and she told them not to do that.

Sometimes making decisions based on how we feel will not be crucial, such as I feel like eating chocolate ice cream and not vanilla.

but most decisions don't work that way.

(okay I'll step off of my soap box now)

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 9:27 pm
Because we have to concentrate on the important things in life , Cholov yisroel , 30 denier tights , acting weird around men

amother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 9:47 pm
I am the amother who asked if it was mocking. I think it was, but for the life of me could not figure out why someone would take the time to start a mocking thread when some of us on there are looking for support in a difficult time.

I posted yesterday about how my young son misses his father so much that he screams and cries and begs for him to come home. Is something about that worth mocking? If so, please come over and explain it to my child who sees his father about 20 minutes a day during the week (hectic mornings) and begs for his father to come home and see him. He promises to be good because he thinks his behavior is to blame for his father's work schedule.

IS THIS FUNNY TO YOU???

Maya

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 9:50 pm
That's exactly why I have limited contact with people IRL. We moved to Monsey from Brooklyn almost four years ago, and I have not attempted to make any new real friends. I prefer to "talk" to people online. There's a much lowered risk of people getting insulted by my actions.

People are so sensitive, and sometimes it seems that they are looking for reasons to get insulted. I can't deal with that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics