Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Gut renovation help please

amother

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 10:10 am
Hi, we haven't told anyone were moving yet for various reasons so I'm wondering if you all can help please! We need a contractor and architect/designer for a house. Can anyone recommend someone in the Brooklyn area that is good, well priced and will get the job done in a decent amount of time?

Thanks so much!

OneSource

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 1:14 pm
I am going through the process of renovation on a house we just purchased myself. Having looked ALL OVER for a decent contractor who has good prices and isn't trying to take advantage, I finally settled on one company. Price wise, he's been very good to us and thrown in a lot of extra attention and work for the price. Communication, a little harder but he's got a heavy accent so a lot of that is my own fault in not understanding him. BUT- you should just know, contractors cost money (ie cash/check etc) and you can't finance the work being done. That being said, I am using this contractor to do the bulk of my home renovation and a second contractor (through a bigger store which offers financing on the materials and labor for 8 years at very low interest) to do my hardwood floors and kitchen installation. The second contractor is amazing; he's responsive, communicative and really reliable. BUT - my second contractor is expensive as anything. Thus, I am getting what I am paying for.

Long story short, I am pretty happy with the first contractor and thrilled with the second. With your eye on your budget, I wish you luck!

If you want their names, PM me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating