Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I cant do it anymore! (rant)

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 3:57 am
I have reached my breaking point! Im so sick of budgeting, counting pennies, stressing, and most of all forgoing things!
A friend of ours gave us tickets to a cruise, so its free, but still cant go bc my husband cant afford to take off from work Sad I tried getting someone to go with, no luck! Sad I'm soooo sick of missing out and the stress of all the money problems! I feel like crying, and am trying desperately to hold it together, and im failing. I am emotionally done. I feel like checking out and I know I can't for the kids sake... but....aaaaaaaahhhhhh! ;(

mo5

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 4:26 am
Why not go by yourself?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 7:47 am
amother wrote:
Im so sick of budgeting, counting pennies, stressing, and most of all forgoing things!

About the only think I've found that helps when I feel like that is to do a TINY splurge. Even just looking around a 99 cent store and picking out one or two items helps. It means those two or three dollars have to come off something else, but sometimes just seeing that bottle of new nail polish or new dish towel at home makes me feel like I'm a person, and not just the rag at the bottom of the dirt pile.

Yes, constant budgeting is hard. Try to give yourself bonuses if you can, like telling yourself that if you squeeze the budget a bit more this month you"ll do something that you enjoy - not necessarily things that cost money, but even things like taking ten minutes for yourself to read a book or run a bubble bath (shampoo works for that) or whatever it is you enjoy.

And yes, I agree with mo5 = if all else fails, go yourself (assuming it won't cause major shalom bayis issues.) BTW, can your husband work extra hours before and after the cruise to make up for the time he'd lose if he went with you?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 8:38 am
I went on a cruise by myself with 3 kids ( youngest was 4 at that time). My husband did not have enough vacation days, and frankly did not really want to go. We had great time, kids loved it, they were in camp most of the time, I actually had lots of time to myself.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 9:56 am
Hugs to you that things are tough right now finance wise but you are clearly blessed in other ways. Gifting a whole family with a cruise is a huge gift wow!

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 9:57 am
I'll go with you!

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 12:11 am
Thank you all for your response! Its good to know I'm not alone in the budgeting area. My husband was uncomfortable with me going alone, but we are going to try and go later on in the summer...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics