Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Stunned and can't stop thinking about this all day
Previous  1  2  3  Next

noosheen

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 6:16 am
I agree with u op
BIZARRE TO THE MAX
shock shock
Scratching Head Scratching Head

That poor poor innocent child.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 6:49 am
Yes it's gross but you can't stop thinking about it all day? Is that not a little obsessive?

I'll tell you what happened to me once. I was in a park with my kids when a child (already toilet trained) made diarrhea in his pants. I had no other change of clothing. He was wearing a t-shirt long enough to cover his bottom and luckily there was a children's clothing store about 2 blocks away. But if anyone did notice I'm sure they are posting a thread right now how I let my kid run around flashing people and they can't stop thinking about it.

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 7:38 am
cnc wrote:
One of my kids had a severe severe diaper rash. Her skin was literally peeling off and my doctor told me that she needs to walk around with nothing on her bottom for a day or two.
I did it and it finally cleared up- but I wouldn't leave the house like that....

No idea if this was the case here but that was the first thought that came to my mind.

Precisely what I thought. And to the poster who said "stay home", suppose the mother were a single parent with no support network, who couldn't find anyone to stay with the baby, had no food in the house and HAD to get out to buy milk?

r maybe as 5mom said, the baby escaped from her diaper all by herself. Some kids are little Houdinis.

Yes, OP, and other mothers, you are overreacting. Shopping carts are unsanitary as all get out--and so is your kitchen sponge unless you're one of the scrupulous few who sanitize theirs on a daily basis. Let's not even talk about your cell phone, your purse, and your living room carpet. The child will come to no harm and her immune system will get a nice boost.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 7:48 am
zaq wrote:
Precisely what I thought. And to the poster who said "stay home", suppose the mother were a single parent with no support network, who couldn't find anyone to stay with the baby, had no food in the house and HAD to get out to buy milk?

ost.

Seriously? She was shopping in whole foods.

Anyway, as if the diaper rash willl. Heall sitting in a bed of germs. Im sticking to stay home. Or put the baby on a long t shirt and run into the corner bodega for yor milk. Dont do to whole foods.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 7:49 am
What mother ever leaves her house without an extra diaper? I know moms of 6yo boys who occasionally wet their pants (usually at the playground, when they can't be bothered to stop playing long enough to realize they have to go.) They always carry an extra pair of pants, just in case!

mamamia1

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 7:55 am
In no way do I condone putting a naked baby in a shopping cart.
However, as others suggested there was probably a reason.
I always thought that other mothers, who have the craziest things happen to us - are the one group of people I can trust not to judge and who would smile in understanding when they see something crazy... bc things happen.
It seems that judgement is just a human trait and not all mothers have learned this.
At the worst this mother does not have a good reason and made a wrong decision- , instead of judging, theres far more human responses.
Its actually the judgements here that I find way more disturbing than the act itself of naked baby in a shopping cart.

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 7:58 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Seriously? She was shopping in whole foods.

Anyway, as if the diaper rash willl. Heall sitting in a bed of germs. Im sticking to stay home. Or put the baby on a long t shirt and run into the corner bodega for yor milk. Dont do to whole foods.

Oh, so it's ok to expose the indigent people who shop in the bodega to the baby's germs but G-d forbid we contaminate the elite who can afford to shop at Whole Foods?

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 7:59 am
mamamia1 wrote:

Its actually the judgements here that I find way more disturbing than the act itself of naked baby in a shopping cart.

Hear, hear.

rainbow dash

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 8:08 am
You obviously haven't been yet in Wal-Mart. The stuff I see on a fb group especially for Wal-Mart photos is sad.

watergirl

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 8:13 am
I love mom shaming. Please Gd you will continue to be perfect and never find ourself posted about. If the woman looked frum, or if it was in a kosher store, would you be more likely to give the benefit of the doubt?

Last edited by watergirl on Fri, Nov 04 2016, 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 8:33 am
Even if the baby had a terrible diaper rash or some other reason to need some air time without a diaper you don't take a kid who is not toilet trained in public without a diaper. Besides for the germ factor for the baby, that is asking for an accident in public property which is wrong.

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 8:38 am
I would have probably joked around with the mother, "She just had an explosive diaper change, eh?" or "Toilet training?" If she was rude and catty maybe I'd say something witty and harsh, but otherwise I'd just laugh with her. If you were curious at to what was going on you could have approached her in a friendly manner. I'm sure she is aware that most babies in the U.S. do not sit in carts bare bottomed.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 9:02 am
zaq wrote:
Oh, so it's ok to expose the indigent people who shop in the bodega to the baby's germs but G-d forbid we contaminate the elite who can afford to shop at Whole Foods?

Nothing to do with that. It's just a lot easier to pop in to the corner grocery, grab your milk and get out. Understandable of it's an emergency

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 10:30 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Nothing to do with that. It's just a lot easier to pop in to the corner grocery, grab your milk and get out. Understandable of it's an emergency

You really can't imagine a situation in which everything was going fine until the last minute?

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 10:32 am
amother wrote:
You really can't imagine a situation in which everything was going fine until the last minute?

I totally can. That's not what I'm discussing. Now I'm debating if it's appropriate to knowingly bring your baby bare bottomed to a large supermarket for a shopping excursion.

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 10:34 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

The concept of a "corner grocery" is a frum thing IME.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 10:38 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
What mother ever leaves her house without an extra diaper? I know moms of 6yo boys who occasionally wet their pants (usually at the playground, when they can't be bothered to stop playing long enough to realize they have to go.) They always carry an extra pair of pants, just in case!

To be fair, there have been times when I thought I had an extra diaper, but I forgot that I already used it or dh used it and I didn't realize. Or I was in a rush and forgot to check, there are so many possibilities. But then the first thing I would do was buy a pack of diapers, go out to the car and change the baby and then go back in and do my shopping. No way am I putting my bare bottomed baby in a shopping cart, for all the reasons everyone else mentioned.

sweetpotato

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 10:43 am
Was this a weird thing to see? Sure. But everyone is overblowing it with the hygiene and contamination fears. There is not flesh eating bacteria on your average shopping cart, and the baby's tush is not covered in staph germs or contagious viruses that can spread via surfaces. The baby wasn't exposed to any germs that he/she wouldn't have otherwise been exposed to simply by riding in the cart fully clothed (touching it with her hands, which then go in mouth, etc.) and the baby didn't spread any germs by having her bare bottom on the cart (as long as it wasn't actually covered in poop) than she would have simply by touching it. Yes, both kids and shopping carts are germy, but that's just a reality.

I have no idea why that baby was riding in the shopping cart with no pants on, but sometimes you see weird thing in the world. You just have to think "huh, that's odd," and move on and mind your own business. If a naked baby bottom is the most disturbing thing you see that day, that's not too bad.

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 11:05 am
Scrabble123 wrote:

Nah, it's an urban thing.

I also find this gross and unsanitary but there are definitely more disturbing things out there op.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 11:07 am
Scrabble123 wrote:

Not in NY. There's actually a lot more non kosher corner groceries. The kosher market has been dominated by supermarkets. The local grocery barely exists.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette