Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Berkeley riot organizer = insane idealogue
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 11  12  13  Next

wondergirl

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 2:58 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I'm not being facetious with this question: is the greater good that they not be discriminated against? Because as a minority in America they might have more advantages so they might welcome the term, or once they understand the nuances, they wouldn't care either way.

My guess would be that they would want to call themselves colored in America for the advantages but that would be wrong and hypocritical considering their views on colored people. That said, it would probably be illegal to discriminate against them based on national origin which is not the same as race or skin color so they still wouldn't be considered colored unless there is a statute or court ruling that says otherwise.

wondergirl

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:25 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I will confess that I didn't listen, am just snipping from quotes from this thread.
Prepubescent is not the same as minor. A minor can be pubescent at 14ish - surely not the age of consent, in any country.
Bringing up halacha is a straw man. We are talking about civil laws that are being enforced today, 2017, in healthy first world countries. I have no idea where the age of consent is 10. The next time the halachos you bring up will apply, the world will be an entirely world a la the second half of Aleinu. We can talk then, b'ezras Hashem very soon!

If you look at the links I posted you will see that 14 is the legal consent age in many first world countries. I'll list a few here just in case you can't open the link--

Germany, Hungary, Italy, Portugal, China, Austria have a legal consent age of 14

The age of consent in Japan and South Korea is 13 while the age of consent in Syria, Cambodia, Aruba,France, Greece, Denmark is 15.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:36 pm
wondergirl wrote:
If you look at the links I posted you will see that 14 is the legal consent age in many first world countries. I'll list a few here just in case you can't open the link--

Germany, Hungary, Italy, Portugal, China, Austria have a legal consent age of 14

The age of consent in Japan and South Korea is 13 while the age of consent in Syria, Cambodia, Aruba,France, Greece, Denmark is 15.

Now you're just being mean. You know how much facts upset liberals!

I can hear them running for their safe spaces now. I hope there's enough coloring books to go around. When they run out of coloring books they turn violent (which they tell me is a legitimate reaction to facts they don't like.)

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 4:03 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I can hear them running for their safe spaces now. I hope there's enough coloring books to go around. When they run out of coloring books they turn violent (which they tell me is a legitimate reaction to facts they don't like.)

This entire thread, and all the ones like it, are full of attacks on "the left," "the liberals," and anyone else who isn't radically conservative like you.
I wonder what it would look like if those with more liberal views start attacking those on the right with the same hatred, ugliness and viciousness that I'm seeing here.

I've said this before, I've been called a f******* liberal and a liberal f*** and a liberal snowflake all to my face in recent months, but I should only dare say one word against a conservative, those same people start foaming at the mouth and steam comes out of their ears.

There's hypocrisy on both ends of the political spectrum, but the levels from those on the right are mind boggling.

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 4:10 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

With this post, I have now lost any and all respect I had for you. What an extraordinarily horrid way to talk about people who simply hold different views than you do, and whom you know are present and active and reading this on this board.

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 4:37 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Now you're just being mean. You know how much facts upset liberals

Rich, coming from someone who supports a president and an administration who haven't yet said ten accurate things since taking office.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 4:43 pm
And now, for exhibit A: quod erat demonstrandum.

Maya wrote:
With this post, I have now lost any and all respect I had for you. What an extraordinarily horrid way to talk about people who simply hold different views than you do, and whom you know are present and active and reading this on this board.

Do you have any facts to contribute to the conversation, or just your feelings? Let me know when you're ready to have an actual discussion.

Look around, I'm sure you'll find a coloring book somewhere.

The grownups will be over here, bringing sources, and discussing their philosophical impact on society as a whole.

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 4:48 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Do you have any facts to contribute to the conversation, or just your feelings? Let me know when you're ready to have an actual discussion.

The grownups will be over here, bringing sources, and discussing their philosophical impact on society as a whole.

I am not interested in contributing to this conversation. I'm only taking issue with your way of condescending to those who see things differently than you do. I am just explaining my feelings. I'm sorry if that's too much for you to handle.

Last edited by Maya on Mon, Feb 20 2017, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

treestump

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 4:48 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Wow, I'm sorry but this is downright nasty. This is not the way grownups talk to each other.

It's a shame this has to happen when discussing politics. You don't have to call people with different views names dripping with condescension.

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 4:57 pm
wondergirl wrote:

I would double check your facts.
For example, according to some online research, in Japan, it seems that the government law is 13 for age of consent, but each district has implemented laws that raise that to between 18-20. So essentially the age of consent in Japan is not lower than 18.
I wonder how many more of the countries you listed have similar discrepancies.

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 4:59 pm
Maya wrote:
This entire thread, and all the ones like it, are full of attacks on "the left," "the liberals," and anyone else who isn't radically conservative like you.
I wonder what it would look like if those with more liberal views start attacking those on the right with the same hatred, ugliness and viciousness that I'm seeing here.

I've said this before, I've been called a f******* liberal and a liberal f*** and a liberal snowflake all to my face in recent months, but I should only dare say one word against a conservative, those same people start foaming at the mouth and steam comes out of their ears.

There's hypocrisy on both ends of the political spectrum, but the levels from those on the right are mind boggling.

Your post is backwards. Look at the OP of this thread. That is a liberal thinking it is ok to bash those whose words disagree with her.
I find the hypocrisy on the right scarier because if they were successful they would upset our system.

Since the left is celebrating not my President day today, am approriate question to ask is who is their President.

If you want to discuss viciousness towards posters, we can start with how vicious you are to FF. Is this really necessary?

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 5:01 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Of course, Yiannopoulis made crystal clear that he was talking about older men initiating boys younger than the age of consent into gay z3x:

Quote:
that’s probably roughly the right age. I think it’s probably about okay, but there are certainly people who are capable of giving consent at a younger age, I certainly consider myself to be one of them, people who are s-xually active younger. I think it particularly happens in the gay world by the way. In many cases actually those relationships with older men…This is one reason I hate the left. This stupid one size fits all policing of culture. (People speak over each other). This sort of arbitrary and oppressive idea of consent, which totally destroys you know understanding that many of us have.

But every time I bring up facts, the right wing here tells me they don't care about them. And ignores what people -- and particularly 45 -- actually say, in favor of what they wish they said.

But go on. Keep making excuses for this vile human being. I cannot believe that this is what the right-wing has come to. The Lindsey Grahams and William Kristols of the right must be crying themselves to sleep every night.

Fox

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 5:03 pm
We should just all be thankful this thread didn't veer off onto Ben Shapiro. People hereabouts would find his trademark phrase way more offensive than anything Milo can come up with!

sequoia

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 5:04 pm
Stop saying "colored," please. It's "people of color."

wondergirl

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 5:05 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
But every time I bring up facts, the right wing here tells me they don't care about them. And ignores what people -- and particularly 45 -- actually say, in favor of what they wish they said.

But go on. Keep making excuses for this vile human being. I cannot believe that this is what the right-wing has come to. The Lindsey Grahams and William Kristols of the right must be crying themselves to sleep every night.

First, I thought liberals don't attack anyone so why do you keep calling Milo such nasty names?

Second, he posted another comment on facebook, do you still think he is advocating for illegal relations with minors?

Quote:
I am a gay man, and a child abuse victim.
I would like to restate my utter disgust at adults who s-xually abuse minors. I am horrified by pedophilia and I have devoted large portions of my career as a journalist to exposing child abusers. I've outed three of them, in fact -- three more than most of my critics. And I've repeatedly expressed disgust at pedophilia in my feature and opinion writing. My professional record is very clear.
But I do understand that these videos, even though some of them are edited deceptively, paint a different picture.
I'm partly to blame. My own experiences as a victim led me to believe I could say anything I wanted to on this subject, no matter how outrageous. But I understand that my usual blend of British sarcasm, provocation and gallows humor might have come across as flippancy, a lack of care for other victims or, worse, "advocacy." I deeply regret that. People deal with things from their past in different ways.
As to some of the specific claims being made, sometimes things tumble out of your mouth on these long, late-night live-streams, when everyone is spit-balling, that are incompletely expressed or not what you intended. Nonetheless, I've reviewed the tapes that appeared last night in their proper full context and I don't believe they say what is being reported.
I do not advocate for illegal behavior. I explicitly say on the tapes that I think the current age of consent is "about right."
I do not believe relations with 13-year-olds is okay. When I mentioned the number 13, I was talking about the age I lost my own virginity.
I shouldn't have used the word "boy" -- which gay men often do to describe young men of consenting age -- instead of "young man." That was an error.
I am certainly guilty of imprecise language, which I regret.
Anyone who suggests I turn a blind eye to illegal activity or to the abuse of minors is unequivocally wrong. I am implacably opposed to the normalization of pedophilia and I will continue to report and speak accordingly.

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 5:06 pm
wondergirl wrote:

CPAC dropped him with the explicit statement that his Facebook post "excuse" was not an adequate explanation for his comments.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 5:11 pm
Maya wrote:
CPAC dropped him with the explicit statement that his Facebook post "excuse" was not an adequate explanation for his comments.

This.

wondergirl

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 5:18 pm
Maya wrote:
I would double check your facts.
For example, according to some online research, in Japan, it seems that the government law is 13 for age of consent, but each district has implemented laws that raise that to between 18-20. So essentially the age of consent in Japan is not lower than 18.
I wonder how many more of the countries you listed have similar discrepancies.

If America has federal immigration laws and there are states that decide to create their own laws that would conflict with federal laws then mentioning federal laws would not be a contradiction as it is still based on fact. Its the same with Japan (or any other country), if the govt law is 13 then it is still a fact that the legal age is 13 even if districts create their own laws that contradict the govt laws.

Btw, remember when you called me names on another thread bc you didnt like what I said? It doesn't feel good to be called names, does it? Why do you call people names for voicing their opinion but then expect not to be called names for voicing your opinions? http://www.imamother.com/forum.....ight=

Fox

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 5:23 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

The problem is that your facts are incomplete. You have truncated the conversation to exclude remarks that clearly support the notion of consent laws.

You have ignored the primary problem, which is that pedophilia is not, in fact, a s-xual attraction toward people under the age of consent, but rather toward people who have not yet hit puberty.

You haven't listened to any of these interviews in their entirety.

You haven't listened to any of the interviews in which Milo talks about his experiences growing up or why he thinks he's gay.

I can certainly appreciate that you find Milo's reflections on this particular aspect of gay culture to be disturbing, but there are ways in which the gay world is not just like the straight world, and all the pretending in the world won't change that fact. The type of relationship Milo described is very common, and distasteful as we may find it, the gay community has not, to my knowledge, flooded Imamother to ask our opinions.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 5:30 pm
Fox wrote:
The problem is that your facts are incomplete. You have truncated the conversation to exclude remarks that clearly support the notion of consent laws.

You have ignored the primary problem, which is that pedophilia is not, in fact, a s-xual attraction toward people under the age of consent, but rather toward people who have not yet hit puberty.

You haven't listened to any of these interviews in their entirety.

You haven't listened to any of the interviews in which Milo talks about his experiences growing up or why he thinks he's gay.

I can certainly appreciate that you find Milo's reflections on this particular aspect of gay culture to be disturbing, but there are ways in which the gay world is not just like the straight world, and all the pretending in the world won't change that fact. The type of relationship Milo described is very common, and distasteful as we may find it, the gay community has not, to my knowledge, flooded Imamother to ask our opinions.

I quoted the entire interview, including what you claim is exculpatory.

You just don't want to admit that your hero believes that a its fine for a 40 year old man to get a high school kid to give him a BJ.

And you want to pretend that the entire "gay world" is seedy. Trust me, its not. Any more than every priest molests kids, or every right wing Rabbi does.

I've quoted the interview time and time again. I give up. YOu don't care what he said.
Page 4 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics