Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Proper swimming etiquette
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

watergirl

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:02 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Bringing a child anywhere where there are nude adults, is forced nudity. There's absolutely no reason for a child to ever see the body of a naked adult.

It's (the forcing) on the parent bringing the child, not on those who are naked where they are allowed to be.

Congresswoman

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:08 pm
I think many people hide body insecurity under modesty

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:30 pm
When I was a SEIT in daycamps, the campers were TAUGHT how to change Modestly.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:43 pm
watergirl wrote:
It's (the forcing) on the parent bringing the child, not on those who are naked where they are allowed to be.

Right.
But if women strip naked right at the pool instead of in the locker rooms, then they're forcing nudity to everyone around them.

amother
NeonPink

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:56 pm
Bringing a child anywhere where there are nude adults, is forced nudity. There's absolutely no reason for a child to ever see the body of a naked adult.

Only if the children are forced to be there. The parent can ask the child if she's comfortable.

amother
NeonPink

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:56 pm
Summer camp having all the kids change in the same room actually is forced.

zaq

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:09 pm
Congresswoman wrote:
I think many people hide body insecurity under modesty
and you know what? THAT'S THEIR RIGHT. Anyone who wishes to hide her body from public view--even if "public" means other women of any age from birth to death--should be given the means to do just that. There is no excuse for retailers who don't have the decency to do so.

We expect beauty salons to accommodate the privacy wishes of hair-covering women who don't want to be seen from the street; why is that any more of a priority? Just because YOU don't mind flaunting your goodies?

zaq

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:11 pm
I go swimming every day, there are private locker rooms for changing. Yet there are 2 women that completely strip at the poolside and change there! I'm flabbergasted every time I see this. Many women stopped bringing their kids, some have filed a complaint with the owners. There are cameras all over the pool area, I don't understand how a women can strip like that. The locker rooms don't have cameras.

It's a disease. It's called "exhibitionism." Unless they come from a place like Russia, where living conditions often made privacy impossible so people got used to its lack.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 3:15 pm
breindy s wrote:
So this morning I went for a swim in a pool I had never been to! and I was stunned at the locker room behaviour, there were no cubicles and everyone was literally changing in front of each other, frum people! I couldnt beleive it and was going to ask on imamother if this is normal and I am the one with body image issues... and then I see there is a thread on this already.. lolll

I can’t believe that (a) a thread from 2017 has been reopened and (b) based on the responses here, so many people spend their time looking and watching other people in the locker rooms. How creepy!

When I go to locker rooms, I care only about getting myself changed and don’t notice/care about other people’s state of undress. I find it baffling that so many people on here do. 🤔

Personally I tend to use a cubicle but it is more for sheitel privacy vs anything else. If I were getting publicly changed, I would be mortified to think that people were actually looking vs minding their own business like I do.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 4:39 pm
Just wanted to share this interesting idea. Whenever my daughter's school takes them on water hikes, water parks where there are no places to change they ask the girls to bring a thin duvet cover and they put over their head and are able to change while covered up. Weird but pretty useful.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 12:09 am
I like that!

A Duvet cover (quilt cover) is like pulling a tent over your head.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette