Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Grandparents: You wore masks at grandkids' Simchos?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 9:04 am
The bigger question is: why are some 60+ y.o. people in NYC and Lakewood, who dont have antibodies, not wearing masks, anywhere?

tryinghard

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 9:24 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:

I mean to say that I don't think there are extremely RW people who are the ones mostly making chasunos or not using masks right now on this site. 4

Are you very new here? There are some extremely RW women on this site. There are a ton of women who have made weddings, all across the spectrum. What kind of wedding, how big, how distanced etc, varies but weddings in the time of Covid are not remotely limited by frumkeit or politics.
And mask wearing is not determined by that either (politics maybe somewhat).

But on Imamother we run the gamut from
“everyone should be wearing masks from the second they wake up in case they look at another person because COVID is the worst disease ever are you out of your mind you murderer?!”
To
“Masks are a sham. Covid is no different than the flu, they’re lying about the numbers because Big Government is trying to control everyone. People have been killing themselves because of masks! Don’t be a sheep and DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!”

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 9:32 am
I had a close wedding and was the only one in a mask. I'm young but this is important to me.

My grandparents from overseas were not allowed to travel to get here, and most of my elderly great-aunts didn't attend, but my other grandparent has antibodies and considers that protection. One great uncle who had been hospitalized for months shuffled in with a walking cane. He had been a healthy energetic man before Covid.

I saw a grandparent from the other side (in a wheelchair) with a mask on her chin but it disappeared altogether later on.

I am still davening for the health and safety of all who attended. The recent uptick is really concerning.

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 9:35 am
YES

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 9:39 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I haven't yet been in the situation, but would wear a mask and SD if I even decided to attend. This is not the norm where I am located, unfortunately. (Midwest)
It is not just the tri state rw that gave up masks and sd...it is also out of town rw who associates themselves with the yeshivish community. The attitude is fake bitachon coming from the Top not to mention a lack of real understanding of the situation. And the pressure is huge to conform to that.

Why FAKE bitachon?
What do you call real bitachon?

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 10:45 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Why FAKE bitachon?

I think Cerulean is just as baffled. She might not be the best person to explain it.
But whoever does try might want to post in safe haven. Twisted Evil

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 11:38 am
tryinghard wrote:
Are you very new here? There are some extremely RW women on this site. There are a ton of women who have made weddings, all across the spectrum. What kind of wedding, how big, how distanced etc, varies but weddings in the time of Covid are not remotely limited by frumkeit or politics.
And mask wearing is not determined by that either (politics maybe somewhat).

But on Imamother we run the gamut from
“everyone should be wearing masks from the second they wake up in case they look at another person because COVID is the worst disease ever are you out of your mind you murderer?!”
To
“Masks are a sham. Covid is no different than the flu, they’re lying about the numbers because Big Government is trying to control everyone. People have been killing themselves because of masks! Don’t be a sheep and DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!”

No I'm not new. You think there are extremely RW grandparents on this site? They dont have internet and wouldn't dream of it.

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 11:45 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Why FAKE bitachon?

I'm not that poster, but perhaps she meant that "real" bitachon is doing our own hishtadlus by wearing masks and being careful about hygeine and leaving the rest up to Hash-m as opposed to "fake" bitachon of relying on Hash-m to perform nissim and keep Covid-19 away despite the lack of social distancing and mask wearing.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 11:47 am
Rutabaga wrote:
I'm not that poster, but perhaps she meant that "real" bitachon is doing our own hishtadlus by wearing masks and being careful about hygeine and leaving the rest up to Hash-m as opposed to "fake" bitachon of relying on Hash-m to perform nissim and keep Covid-19 away despite the lack of social distancing and mask wearing.

That's also how I interpreted the comment.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 12:24 pm
Regarding RW vs LW, are all of those college students and other young people who are catching COVID while partying and bar hopping, Trump supporters? If so, he will be in the White House for 4 more years.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 12:54 pm
Rutabaga wrote:

Yes, that is what I meant. Hishtadlus is part of bitachon . But also goes deeper... The hishtadlus of SD and masks is so annoying that we will say we have bitachon on the level of a huge tzadik and then don't have to bother.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics