Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Does vit K shot get listed under vaccines?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 8:11 pm
Someone asked me if my child got the vit K shot I said that it's not listed under his vaccines she said that almost certainly my child got it, unless I declined it.
Do they not show up on vaccine records? How can I know if my child received it?

smss

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 8:12 pm
It's not a vaccine. Not everything that comes in a syringe is a vaccine.

But yes, your child probably got it as it is protocol (for good reason...)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 8:18 pm
smss wrote:
It's not a vaccine. Not everything that comes in a syringe is a vaccine.

But yes, your child probably got it as it is protocol (for good reason...)

So how can I know if my child received this?

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 8:20 pm
If you gave birth in a hospital they got it automatically without even telling you

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 8:20 pm
If your child is older than 7 days, it’s probably moot. It’s to help with blood clotting prior to about seven days when clotting factors in the blood are fully established.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 8:22 pm
It would probably be on your hospital papers it's usually given in the hospital

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 8:22 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
If your child is older than 7 days, it’s probably moot. It’s to help with blood clotting prior to about seven days when clotting factors in the blood are fully established.

I understand the reasoning, I'm trying to figure out how I can know if my child got it since I do not see it on his medical records that I received at discharge and neither in the vaccine card. I guess I would need to call the hospital?

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 8:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
I understand the reasoning, I'm trying to figure out how I can know if my child got it since I do not see it on his medical records that I received at discharge and neither in the vaccine card. I guess I would need to call the hospital?

It’s legally required in many places. You’d have had to have declined it in writing and tbh it might not be something one can legally decline. You’d know if you declined it.

How old is your child?

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 8:26 pm
amother OP wrote:

Why are you concerned about it?

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 8:29 pm
In NY if you decline in the hospital they call cps (edit this changed in the past few years) and I watched one court case where they forced the mom to give it at like 2 weeks old. She tried to fight it.

Assume your child got it. You'd definitely know if not.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 9:21 pm
I'm in NJ and they definitely asked if I wanted the vitamin k shot and didn't make any fuss when I said no

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 9:23 pm
Why would they force it into a child??
What if the family has increased clotting history as it is and avoids vitamin k?

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 9:27 pm
I refused and signed a paper that I refuse and they gave him anyway.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 10:53 pm
if you get the insert, 4 of the ingredients in the vit K shot have a possible side effect of death. Black box warning. That's why many anti-vaxxers are also against the vit K shot even though it's not technically a vaccine.

Jaundice is a sign of vit K overdose and babies today have a lot of jaundice as newborns--- I don't know the stats on that at this time (my babies are teens) but it's worth researching if you're about to have a baby and considering the vit K shot.

smss

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 10:56 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
if you get the insert, 4 of the ingredients in the vit K shot have a possible side effect of death. Black box warning. That's why many anti-vaxxers are also against the vit K shot even though it's not technically a vaccine.

Jaundice is a sign of vit K overdose and babies today have a lot of jaundice as newborns--- I don't know the stats on that at this time (my babies are teens) but it's worth researching if you're about to have a baby and considering the vit K shot.

Have you looked up the side effects of vitamin K deficiency too?

smss

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 10:58 pm
Regarding ingredients, as always, the dose makes the poison.

All those lovely herbs and essential oils are toxic at the right dose too.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 10:58 pm
smss wrote:
Have you looked up the side effects of vitamin K deficiency too?

yup. some choose oral vit K over the shot and some choose neither.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics