Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Kavod to bestow on a woman mentor

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 11:37 am
My DD will YIH soon be a Kallah.
B”H she and I are close and the boy has a wonderful relationship with his mom (as does my DD).

For men, there are so many kavodim to hand out. Signing the Ketuba/Sheva brachot/eydi yichud….

My DD has an amazing mentor with whom she is very close. She would love to give her a special kavod. Can anyone think of anything? I feel like giving her husband a kavod is not the same as giving HER.

NechaMom

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 11:41 am
A gift and nice card! More meaningful than a bracha by the chuppah. Iyh by her child’s bris she can give her kvatir.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 11:46 am
Perhaps you could invite her to sit with you, next to the kallah, for the bedeken. Your daughter might appreciate her presence as well.

My mother was niftar while I was still single. It was very special to have a mentor, who had done so much for me, take my mothers place at that time.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 12:06 pm
Thank you for all who gave recommendations. In this situation, they are not going to work. Looking for other ideas.
Thank you

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 12:17 pm
I hear what you are saying. Our DD's Shadchan was absolutely amazing in helping bring about DD's shidduch. We sent her Shadchanus and a gift, and gave her husband a Kibbud at the Chuppah. I wish we could have given one to her!

Your DD can choose to dance with her at the wedding early on, during the family lineup.
Otherwise, I can't think of very much....

agreer

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 1:42 pm
Dancing early on, first person after family, like Chayalle said.
Seat her with your family if you think she'd enjoy that.

Flowers/chocolates are really nice.

Invite her to sheva brochos and mention her in a sheva brochos speech? If your husband will be speaking, maybe he can thank her on behalf of the kallah/family.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics