Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Should I quit?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 8:05 pm
Feel like im at my wits end working with kids burnt out to the core.. my hub supports me stopping to work and becoming stay at home mom. He currently gets paid nicely to cover the monthly expenses but nothing major. Meaning my salary goes into a savings account for a future - we hope to own our home one day.
That being said, if I give up my job that means our savings will stay the way it is - which is far from buying a house. Im really torn apart what to do..should I push through so I get to buy a home? maybe is an emunah issue that hashem can do anything? or maybe my place is to be a mother for my kids and not be so exhausted by the time they come home from school.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 8:09 pm
Is it possible for you to cut your hours??

I was in the same situation. I was at the end of my rope. I couldn't anymore. I gave up my job & don't
regret it. Even if we don't own our home & have to live frugally. My sanity is worth more.

Growing

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 8:14 pm
Yes
You should quit if you can't cut hours
You need a home to put into the house
Children have one childhood and one person in the world to call mother
Mazel Tov on this very privileged promotion called motherhood
Money and a house is decreed from on high

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 8:19 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Is it possible for you to cut your hours??

I was in the same situation. I was at the end of my rope. I couldn't anymore. I gave up my job & don't
regret it. Even if we don't own our home & have to live frugally. My sanity is worth more.

So true.. so my hours are cut the most it can be at this point..
How did you feel once you stopped working? scared I'll loose a certain motivation in my life. bottom line once im at work I enjoy the energy and the vibes of busines.. scared being home all day might make me feel a little less ambitious
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics